PDA

View Full Version : How do you become a pilot recruitment consultant?!

mrsurrey
21st Aug 2009, 17:06
Hi all,

As a way of filling in time until things pick up I was wondering exactly what the requirements are for becoming a recruitment consultant for one of the contracting firms sending experienced pilots to Asia etc?

Please be gentle with me, needs must!

Cheers,

MrS

BIGBAD
21st Aug 2009, 18:29
It helps if you have an "I'm alright jack" type attitude. Having a disposition where you are happy to dick people around to make a bit of money.

If you are happy working for a company where you make money out of pilots misery. Either by them having to pay you for a job or you taking a cut of their wages for all your "hard work" getting them a contract.

Preference will be given to those who have already shown experience in similar roles in airlines - maybe having worked in crewing or ops where you have had first hand experience of buggering up pilot's lives for fun.

hope this is of some use

BoeingMEL
26th Aug 2009, 08:35
The position you describe is essentially an HR/personnel one. (Been there, done that!) Your flying eperience would be useful but it will have to be in addition to substantial HR/personnel recruitment experience. Good luck anyway. Cheers bm