PDA

View Full Version : Monarch scheduled flights.

jeanyqua
20th Aug 2009, 21:17
Hi all.
Not flying till next year,& have booked extra legroom for our flight to Ace.
Can anyone advise if flown recently on the A300-600 if 1A & 1C are decent in the legroom,as on seat guru it mentions they are restricted by the bulk head.
We have paid for a 34" pitch,so will be a bit miffed if it's less than this.
Cheers.x

WHBM
21st Aug 2009, 06:55
We have paid for a 34" pitch,so will be a bit miffed if it's less than this.
Your pitch will actually be infinity as Pitch is the distance between the seat, and the same point on the seat in front, and there isn't one. Do not confuse Pitch with Legroom. If you really want 34" pitch choose one of the rows behind.

mongirl
21st Aug 2009, 10:42
Hi there, the best legroom seats on the A300 are rows 9 B -H and row 31 B-H.
Row 1 is classed as legroom but you will have a bulkhead in front of you. Hope this helps X

Seat62K
21st Aug 2009, 14:58
Not relevant to the question, but I last flew on a Monarch A300-600 over fifteen years ago and to this day remember how cramped it was - perhaps the worst in my forty-plus years of flying as a passenger.

I also recall the captain proudly announcing that this particular aircraft was the largest twin flying, as it was then, of course.

jeanyqua
21st Aug 2009, 18:52
Thank you all so much for your help.
Seat 62k,reminds me of the first long haul charter i took to mombasa on jolly old Air 2000 in 1991...I managed to detatch my knees from my ears on approach into the airport.:*
I've never,ever since flown on a charter without making sure i have assigned a decent seat.

TSR2
23rd Aug 2009, 17:17
Flew on a Monarch A300-600 in June. The flights were very good and the service excellent but as far as the seating goes, I could only describe it as 'cosy'.

As far as I am aware, there are no extra legroom seats on any of Monarch's A300 aircraft other than the exit row seats.

jeanyqua
23rd Aug 2009, 17:45
I've now changed the seats to row 31 b & c
Thanks