PDA

View Full Version : City & Guilds 2661

chigora
19th Aug 2009, 22:45
:ooh: Hi guys. Can anyone advise if the City & Guilds 2661 certificate in aeronautical engineering can lead to a UKCAA licence? I have heard of some guys who did it who are working for MK. Is it a good qualification? Thanks for your advice.

NutLoose
21st Aug 2009, 14:51
This is the info on EASA Licences, which is what you are after

ELGD | Personnel Licensing | Safety Regulation (http://www.caa.co.uk/default.aspx?catid=177&pagetype=68&gid=777)

though you can still hold the CAA ones, they only cover older types and the odd balls.

Though do not know about the exemptions, but you may find it covers some.

planecrazy.eu
23rd Aug 2009, 08:30
Virgin pick this course for there apprentice possitions, so must be of at least some use.

They describe it as "providing firm background in aerospace engineering"

My brother has just done the C&G level 2 course, and was considering this one, or the diploma.

Few places doing this course part time too, and over three years, so its possible to do this course alongside you presesent job if you live near a college that does it.

faz1989
23rd Aug 2009, 11:38
I know a college that combines the C&G 2661 and EASA Licence into one course; therefore at completion of the course you will be getting both qualifications. The only reason for this, is that with the C&G 2661 the college with received government funding, because the government doesn't issue funding for the EASA licence course.

A C&G 2661 will teach you the basic knowledge that you required for an A Licence, but in no way constitutes to an A Licence. A C&G 2661 by itself (without experience) may help you get a job in a smaller organisation, but will struggle with a bigger organisation. My opinion is that (according to you location) apply for the EASA A Licence + C&G 2661 course at Northbrook College at Shoreham Airport, you will be much better off.