PDA

View Full Version : What's the biggest tip you have received from your PAX?

Cecco
19th Aug 2009, 20:05
I saw a thread in another forum "what present did you give to your instructor after your CPL/ATPL" and thought that the above question is far more intriguing.
I start: on one occasion, both the commander and me received each 600 CHF, which is around 400 Euro. The commander said he never saw a bigger smile on my face:} Cash is king! Cecco

redsnail
19th Aug 2009, 20:16
Mine doesn't beat that but we both got €100 each for helping out some pax.

I thought we "just did our job" but they were really happy with our service. :ok:

Mack Buffet
20th Aug 2009, 00:21
$100 each and some quality company !

who ya gonna call........

MyNameIsIs
20th Aug 2009, 01:08
Havn't been given any cash or goodies yet from my passengers :{

But a mate of mine has been given vomit in the seat-pocket to clean out at the end of the day, so I'm thankful for nothing at times!!!!

Tarq57
20th Aug 2009, 01:25
"Watch out for that guy over there" (points to another a/c I hadn't seen.)

cityfan
20th Aug 2009, 01:32
Plastics? :ok:

(showing my age?!)

411A
20th Aug 2009, 02:30
$10,000...private flight, L1011.
Split equally amongst the FD crew...CC taken care of separately.

SoundBarrier
20th Aug 2009, 02:45
not me, a mate got a free bit of advice...

"You get me to that there airport or your arse is grass"

powerstall
20th Aug 2009, 02:49
Got a crisp $100 bill, back in my corporate flying days!. :ok:

NZ X man
20th Aug 2009, 03:15
CHarter flight, Middle East, 1500 Euros each.

GULF69
20th Aug 2009, 05:59
$1500... Saudi Pax on private flight

Gear Monkey
20th Aug 2009, 06:26
A half-eaten sandwich platter and some fruit ground into the carpet.

411A, that tip is almost as much a small-cabin FO's annual take-home!

spoilerons
20th Aug 2009, 21:32
$1,000 USD each (two pilots and one F/A) for a three-day, two-leg charter with one pax in a CL-604.

One other pax would always give us each $100 for trips in a Lear-31 or 35.

Denim and leather
21st Aug 2009, 05:24
I knew an Ukrainian f/a in the past,she used to keep all the tips for her and she has never split with the others,now I think she well done because she has no job any more.:)

robi523
21st Aug 2009, 07:42
had a partner in sim a lil bit back tellin me about his company from the mid west. Said he flew a guy to Vegas who gave the crew each 100 when leaving the acft. Got back on with an extra bag the guy asked if he had a good weekend. His reply "as a matter of fact I did" gave them each an envelope. 5k each. Evidentally he was up 250k on Black Jack

Aussie
21st Aug 2009, 10:00
Nothing like that goes down my way....

Find it hard to believe this actually happens... but go on yas if it does!

con-pilot
21st Aug 2009, 15:58
Seriously, the best tip I ever received from a passenger was to buy a certain stock. The down side was I only bought a $1,000.00 of the stock, received a return of $23,000.00. If I had really known how good of a tip that was, I would have empted out my bank account and hocked everything I owned to buy all that stock that I could have.

(And no, it was not inside trading, I checked first.)

robi523
21st Aug 2009, 16:00
If that doesn't make you kick yourself in the balls everymorning you wake up I don't know what would!

deskjockey101
21st Aug 2009, 18:22
Aeron....

A classic line from a classic film, great quote...

DJ

DA50driver
27th Aug 2009, 15:23
Two tins of Caviar at about 500 grams or a little more a piece and a big bottle of some fancy wine. I gave my aunt one tin, and my dad and sister the other tin. I don't like the stuff. My dad later commented on the fact that "I have more money stuck between my teeth than I have in my wallet". My sister put the wine up for auction, it is expected to fetch around 2000 Euros. Sadly the Russian that gave it to me died in a car accident a few months later.

SASless
27th Aug 2009, 18:12
Feller told me "Always date a gal with small hands!"

Dumbledor
27th Aug 2009, 18:14
I was given £500 for a Manchester - Birmingham flt (15mins). Mind you I'd served a hot breakfast and all the trimmings to 6 people, Whirling Dervish comes to mind as I think back.
I split it with the crew - no question. Cheeky Capt asked if I thought we would get the same tip on the return?!

G-DAVE
27th Aug 2009, 21:10
Get a new job :sad:

Grum
28th Aug 2009, 10:13
Got a nice clean pink €500 note the other day which seems to have evaporated into the monetary ether, so i don't have an iPhone or anything to show for it. I guess i got my last two supermarket shops with it, damn!

Willingly accpted a bottle of Veuve Clicquot off a honeymoon couple who didn't like champagne.

At the end of a long day I dropped off a tourist who then wanted to take my photo with the aircraft. Ok, i have a schedule to keep but must be polite. "Hang -on" he says "just wait a minute for it to develop and you can take it home." What?! He had some modern equivalent of a polaroid. Shuffled around for a bit. Brrrrrrr, out comes my portrait. Cheers mister, now goodbye. Finally I am on my way home and had time to take a look at the shot. It is still atop my mantle piece, great picture. :O

Aslak
2nd Sep 2009, 04:48
Around 10 years ago,while on a long charter trip, the captain received 3000USD and the CA and myself 2500 USD.
That was the best and most likely will be the best tip for a looooong time....
And that was a very nice trip in any case, even without the tip...:ok:

Usually we get nothing, the girls in the back may get few hundreds or so...

globallocal
4th Sep 2009, 02:14
The above mentioned Kerry Packer dropped $6000usd to 3 colleagues of mine once after a flutter in Monte Carlo.

Me personally, $1000usd for each of the crew about twice a year from different clients. Always makes dinner that night a lot merrier, and my wife, with a nice piece of jewellery.

Always spread the cheer, after being upgraded on a flight to biz class and receiving one of the above mentioned G's, gave the check in girl a little bonus as well.

Smiles all round.

The Beer Hunter
4th Sep 2009, 10:41
Kerry Packer dropped $6000usd to 3 colleges of mine

$6000 between three colleges isn't very much, barely buys them a few books each. Big benefactors have whole libraries named after them ;)

greenslopes
4th Sep 2009, 11:25
Tip from Passenger shortly after takeoff(Twotter -single pilot), why is there fuel flowing across the floor??
Me: Someones bush stove must have been loaded on with fuel and it's tipped over
Passenger: No it's plane fuel, here smell(proceeds to hold out hand dripping with Avtur)
Me: (turnaround and see floor awash with Avtur) Righto, well we better head back(Seriously Sh**ting self and hoping there aren't any sparks)

After landing the engineers had a quick look and pronounced all done and right to head back out.
Me: "well lets call it a test flight and which one of you engineers is coming with me"??

Engineers declined and pulled aircrft back into shed and proceeded to work on for rest of day.

Great Tip, thank goodness I had Passengers onboard and not a freight run!

globallocal
5th Sep 2009, 00:15
thanks beer hunter.

spelling not one of my strengths, especially after a few beers!!

but very funny, none the less.

pfnotflying
6th Sep 2009, 17:29
100 pounds gift card at harrods for xmas. But he never complain when he have to refund me the daily expenses

Sideliner
10th Sep 2009, 10:28
:8 1000 Malawian kwacha following "avoiding" croc on grass Blantyre. enough for a beer (singular):O

HermanTheGerman
11th Sep 2009, 09:38
...you mean the blonde with the big lips and ears...?

I know she is still flying in that company, but I had her sharing the tips at least twice with me...!

The biggest tip I ever had was 500€ I had to share with my collegue while flying in a Citation Bravo. Same guy gave 400€ on another trip to us...