PDA

View Full Version : Cessna C208 Operating Cost

Dr Esteban
19th Aug 2009, 09:24
Hi all,

I have a number of questions on the cost involved operating the Cessna C208 Amphibian;

1) What would be the cost of leasing a new/used C208 in the US or Canada, and what would be included in this price?

2) Which type of insurances are needed for commercial operation and what would be the approx cost?

3) The Cessna website states an hourly operating cost for the C208 ($358/hour), what is included in this number?

Any other useful info regarding operating the C208 is welcome. Thank you in advance.

Brgds,
Doc

Vulcan607
19th Aug 2009, 18:32
may be worth your while if you are able to get a hold of someone at Loch Lomond Sea Planes. They operate a C208 from the River Clyde in Glasgow to Oban up on the west coast of scotland.

Sorry have no details to forward, but if you google them hopefully you'll find something.

All the best

Shiny Side Up
19th Aug 2009, 18:53
Aircraft Operating Costs & Aviation Services (http://www.conklindd.com/)

These guys have excellent operating cost reports.

S.F.L.Y
20th Aug 2009, 11:06
I don't think you need to pay for the C&DD reports to get accurate numbers.
At 358$ an hour you only have fuel (cheap) and maintenance provisions. You might need to add some more variable expenses and estimate an hourly rate for the fixed costs depending on your annual use of the aircraft (crews, insurance etc.)

Drop me a PM if you need to discuss this, although I don't have the precise info for the C208... I'm not charging the consultation :E

B200Drvr
20th Aug 2009, 11:53
Just remember, your maintenance cost will almost double on the water, and triple if it is sea water.
However, the Van is a great aeroplane, and if looked after is extremely reliable and capable.

Dr Esteban
27th Aug 2009, 14:51
Thanks for all the replies so far! Some useful stuff.

Unfortunately it seems quite hard to get accurate data. I know there are a
lot of variables involved but even the manufacturer can't provide me with
more then a 5 page brochure mostly containing flashy pictures of the aircraft.

The only performance data is on the last page and is hardly more than a
few basic numbers like aircraft length, width, height, TAS, range and weights.

They can't really expect people to invest in a $2,000,000+ aeroplane based
on just that?!