PDA

View Full Version : Jet2 - G-lsac - Man-ssh

DJNICKSMITH
18th Aug 2009, 20:23
Hi Guys.

Not a pilot (unless flight sim counts!), but looking for some reassurance here!

Flying Jet2 on 30th Aug on LS757 and returning on 6th Sept on LS758 from MAN-SSH-MAN.

I understand this route is always operated by one of Jet2's 757's with winglets. The thing thats making me nervous is that G-LSAC has been the most frequently used aircraft on this route, and just over one week ago this plane was involved in a pressurisation issue - resulting in a dive from FL350 to FL080.

A: What caused this, and is it likely to happen again?
B: Any professional point of view on Jet2's 757's and if it will be G-LSAC or G-LSAB??

Any reassurance would be appreciated.

Cheers

Nick

righthandrule
18th Aug 2009, 20:37
The route has mainly been operated by a wingletted 757 but LSAA has done it aswell. There is 1 752W at LBA, and one at MAN. These rotate frequently, with AC currently been at LBA and AB at MAN.

I really wouldn't be worried about the problem involving AC last week, it was back flying that day and has been doing 4 sectors a day since. There is nothing wrong with it, nothing wrong with any of the others to mention it. Is it likely to happen again? No.

From a personal point of view AC is the nicest one inside as it has the new slimline seats which give an extra couple of inches of legroom. Should you get chance I strongly reccomend you upgrade to an extra legroom seat, rows 2-7, 8ABC, row 12 and row 33. SSH is a long flight even for the new seats its well worth the £25.

Have a great holiday!

pottwiddler
18th Aug 2009, 20:40
You'll be right mate!

Seriously all modern jets are very safe and are getting safer.

Why, because ANY incident whether it is fatal, non-fatal, near miss down to the "No immediate effect" type of incident are recorded, and lessons are promulgated for everyone to learn from. Aircraft are thoroughly checked over and I do not mean just kicking the tyres, I'm not an Aircraft engineer but they are complicated machines with a lot of Built in Test Equipment etc which alert the Pilot if there is a problem.

And if there is a problem, procedures are in place for the Pilot/Controller to follow to allow a safe conclusion to the flight.

I myself work in the ground environment and the amount of hoops we have to go through to prove that a system is safe is extremely thorough. So I could only imagine that aircraft are the same if not more so.

Hope I've helped.
PT

Fuel Crossfeed
19th Aug 2009, 09:49
Flight sim DOES NOT count!!

tonker
19th Aug 2009, 11:33
I'd better cancel my last 8 LPC's then!

simonchowder
19th Aug 2009, 14:03
Why the hell should the fact the aircraft is being used as its meant be used a issue? further why should the problem that caused the rapid decent return? jet 2 employ clever sods called licensed engineers to sort problems out, ive no doubt they did just that, or do think some gash sod just penned the defect off? get real for gods sake

ROSSKi MYT
19th Aug 2009, 19:42
simonchowder..:=

Calm Down!!! It was just reassurance being asked for!