PDA

View Full Version : N A S - Here We Go Again!

An Interested Party
18th Aug 2009, 09:49
Hold the press!!

Airservices and CASA met with the Minister last week and were directed [in NO uncertain terms] once and for all to implement NAS - looks like the hoped for change in Government policy has evaporated, and Dick has prevailed.

Any comments, Dick? Did you talk the Minister into it?

peuce
18th Aug 2009, 10:00
Well, they can implement it ... but in what form?:uhoh:

ferris
18th Aug 2009, 10:22
Thats really bad news for the industry, if true.

After all, the industry will have to pay for it. A smart CEO would use this opportunity as a waiver for KPI's and do some (long over due) good. Re-stocking AsA would be a good start.

Chimbu chuckles
18th Aug 2009, 10:54
I am over it - let them implement whatever the fck they like - they will anyway - but when it turns to pooh I will be here hammering them into the ground like tent pegs.

Ex FSO GRIFFO
18th Aug 2009, 11:17
As will we all Chuck......but it won't matter a damn.

'Cause 'THEY' don't give a damn.....

So, we will rant and rave, and curse and even swear at times, but,....

The Wheel Just Keeps On Turnin'.......

The 'Top End' of town will be happy.

:*:}

man on the ground
18th Aug 2009, 12:22
yep, over it too

no real workload increase in the end - TIBA'ing E takes just as much time as TIBA'ing G

OZBUSDRIVER
18th Aug 2009, 19:44
I will no longer partake in the activities on this site...I just give up!

All I can add...and I am only a PPL...Do Not Repeat History!

To McCormick and his ilk...do not make the same mistake of the past...

TRAINING
SURVEILLANCE CAPABILITY...AND That DOES mean ADS-B LOW LEVEL or a lot more SSR heads in the J-Curve to guarantee low level.
MANPOWER TO MONITOR THAT CAPABILITY SAFELY

WAY before implimentation...Do not put the cart before the horse.

CaptainMidnight
18th Aug 2009, 23:08
The Minister can issue directions as he likes, but both CASA and ASA are still obliged under their respective Acts to conduct risk management and safety assessments of all proposed changes. There is also a requirement to consult.

The current Australian airspace policy statement also (logically) requires future NAS changes to be subject to "cost-benefit and the single common risk management framework" and "involve close consultation with the aviation industry".

The AAPS can be changed to remove all that but the risk and safety assessment processes are still required, and in any case any attempt to implement a change that does not have demonstrable safety benefit, does not have any cost-benefit or without consultation isn't going to sit well, as we've witnessed in the past.

Capn Bloggs
19th Aug 2009, 01:14
Do not give up. This is exactly what Richard Harold Smith wants. The dreaded war of attrition.

BAD THINGS HAPPEN WHEN GOOD MEN DO NOTHING.

Atlas Shrugged
19th Aug 2009, 03:53
http://rlv.zcache.com/punching_babies_tshirt-p2355964050711641133mvi_400.jpg

Metal Fatigued
19th Aug 2009, 05:59
An Interested Party,

There is one question here that has not yet been asked and that is:

What/Who is the source of your information, and is it accurate?

Were you in the Minister's Office when this "Direction" was passed down from the Minister?

From where I sit this is "just another rumour"

An Interested Party
19th Aug 2009, 08:13
Got it straight from the mouth of one of the staff that accompanied the two very senior managers that were summoned to the Minister's office. Can't be more specific for obvious reasons.

Dick was not there - but had clearly been in the Minister's ear yet again.

tobzalp
19th Aug 2009, 08:20
Can we get NAS put on the list of topics to never be discussed on here like AOPA? It will just make it easy for me not to have some keyboard captain threatenig to sue me this year/again. Thanks in advance.

Jabawocky
19th Aug 2009, 10:36
Tobz mate.....again???? Ohhh Do tell...... this is a rumour network after all:ok:

Captain Dart
19th Aug 2009, 11:19
I wouldn't count on the current head of CASA looking after anyone except himself ...this individual was involved in one of the most despicable acts of pilot against pilot I have seen in my 33 years in professional aviation: the infamous Cathay Pacific 'Star Chamber' which early this decade selected over fifty Cathay Pacific pilots for dismissal 'for no particular reason' in a vain attempt to intimidate the rest of the CX pilot body.

Metal Fatigued
20th Aug 2009, 03:47
Captain Dart, your experiences and opinions from the past are out-of-context with the topic of this thread. Throw your dirt in a different direction.

:= :=

Gunda
20th Aug 2009, 10:51
Hey Atlas ! Do you feed those babies with those Man boobs:)