PDA

View Full Version : bournemouth airshow

darren13
18th Aug 2009, 07:03
Hi all,is there anyone with any info on display validation dates and times for this weekends show?.
Also i am trying to find out what aircraft will be based at hurn during the event?.
Many thanks!.:ugh:

Flaps ten please
18th Aug 2009, 07:14
Thursday 20th
1:55pm - 3pm
DH Sea Vixen
RN Black Cats
The Yakovlevs (x2 Yak-50/52)
RAF King Air
RAF Hawk
RNLAF AB412 SAR Demo
RAF Falcons

3pm – 4pm
Team Guinot (x2 PT-17s)
Battle of Britain Memorial Flight
The Blades

Friday 21st
1:30pm – 2:30pm
RAF Red Arrows
RAF King Air
RN Black Cats

2:30pm – 3:30pm
The Yakovlevs (x2 Yak 50/52s)
RAF Hawk
DH Sea Vixen
RNLAF AB412 SAR Demo
RAF Falcons

3:30pm-4:15pm
Team Guinot (x2 PT-17s)
The Blades
RAF Eurofighter Typhoon

Saturday 22nd
12pm – 1pm
Royal Marines Beach Assault
The Yakovlevs (x4 Yak 50/52s)
Dorset & Somerset Air Ambulance
Red Bull Matadors
RNLAF AB412 SAR Demo
RAF King Air
Swift Aerobatic Team

1pm – 2pm
RAF Chinook
B-17G ‘Sally B’
P-40 Kittyhawk

2pm- 3pm
RN Black Cats
Team Guinot (x2 PT-17s)
The Blades
RAF Red Arrows

3pm – 4pm
Spitfire & P-51 Mustang
RAF Falcons
Avro Vulcan XH558
RAF Eurofighter Typhoon

Sunday 23rd12:15pm – 1:15pm
Royal Marines Beach Assault

1:15pm – 2pm
RAF Hawk
Dorset & Somerset Air Ambulance
The Blades
Team Guinot (x2 PT-17s)

2pm – 3pm
Spitfire & P-51 Mustang
Avro Lancaster
RN Black Cats
Swift Aerobatic Team
RAF Falcons

3pm – 4pm
RNLAF AB412 SAR Demo
B-17G ‘Sally B’
P-40 Kittyhawk
RAF Chinook

4pm – 5pm
RAF King Air
The Yakovlevs (x4 Yak 50/52s)
Avro Vulcan XH558
Red Bull Matadors
RAF Eurofighter Typhoon
RAF Red Arrows

( credit for the display times to " area 51 on UKAR " )

Regards,

F10P

darren13
18th Aug 2009, 08:22
Many thanks flaps ten,i am really trying to find out what days and times the practices take place.
Thanks again.

Groundloop
18th Aug 2009, 08:32
Very little practice, I would think.

chippy63
19th Aug 2009, 18:06
Thanks, Flaps 10, I'll go down tomorrow with Mrs C.

Goffee
20th Aug 2009, 09:42
Pilot ill... Sabre and Vampire taking its place

hurn
20th Aug 2009, 09:58
Hawker Hunter display and a Vulcan flyby on Thursday.

Would think a good majority of the aircraft would be based at Hurn. The jets and larger aircraft certainly.

Reds are in on Friday morning. Vulcan most likely operating from Brize Norton though.

darren13
20th Aug 2009, 15:14
i was sitting in my garden earlier and had the pleasure to see 558 flying towards the coast,what a wonderfull sight!!!.

expedite08
20th Aug 2009, 16:41
Shame more is not based at BOH for the period, something tells me that they have not been quite as accomodating as they should have maybe? If this is the case it certainly does not bode well for further participation in the future. (This is just a personal opinion, based on me knowing and flying out of BOH and knowing what they can be like!). Two in the circuit and a couple of 73's on the glideslope and they are at capacity!! :ugh:

Rigger1
20th Aug 2009, 18:57
Does anyone know if the Vulcan did anything more than a straight flypast at Bournemouth today?

Gives me a clue if it's worth going on Saturday.

Lightning Mate
20th Aug 2009, 19:06
"Does anyone know if the Vulcan did anything more than a straight flypast at Bournemouth today?"

No it did not even fly past. Flew North-South at 4000 feet and was not seen again.

The best part of the weekend is tonight at 2100.

110,000 (that's one hundred and ten thousand) fireworks in sixty seconds!

Reference the ill pilot of the Sea Vixen - he suffered a heart attack sadly, and he's twenty years younger than me......

hurn
20th Aug 2009, 20:02
"Does anyone know if the Vulcan did anything more than a straight flypast at Bournemouth today?"

No it did not even fly past. Flew North-South at 4000 feet and was not seen again.What a complete load of rubbish. :ugh:

Don't know where you were viewing from but where I was standing, it came in low at about 200-250ft from the direction of IOW, flew up to B/mth pier, turned round, flew another flypast and then opened the taps and powered off in a rage of noise in the direction of Dawlish.

Not bad for a flypast if you ask me. :D

Anyone coming for the weekend, make sure you stand between Boscombe and Bournemouth piers for the best viewing.

F-INAL
20th Aug 2009, 21:28
Hi all, I was there later today but couldn’t stay sadly, however I will be there for Saturday which looks like its going to be great. Very Very busy beaches today though. So might get there early:uhoh:.

tribekey
20th Aug 2009, 22:05
Expedite 08
'Two in the circuit and a couple of 73's on the glideslope and they are at capacity!!'

what utter tosh, airport has bent over backwards to accomodate traffic for air show, those aircraft not there chose not to be.

the vulcan flew north to south from ringwood to the coast, passing just east of the airport at 3000 feet before descending to do its stuff at the sea front. A request was made for it to do an approach at the airport but time didn't permit.

sea vixen pilot did not have a heart attack.

chippy63
20th Aug 2009, 23:05
The Vulcan did an initial wheelie somewhat to the east- over Beaulieu?
It then did a very nice 5-10 minute turn around the bay befoe heading west. Gorgeous. As was the Hunter.
Not sure what happened to BBMF which was supposed to display?

Goffee
21st Aug 2009, 11:16
Too Windy for the BoB planes apparently (said the commentators), but more than made up for by the Vulcan. Still pretty blowy today, so maybe another no show

Haven't a clue
21st Aug 2009, 19:46
Bournemouth today 1.30 to 2.30
Red Arrows, Yaks, RN Lynx, BBMF (Spit, Hurri and Lanc)

Probably the most intensive and pleasurable hour ever spent at an airshow.
Well done all.

(and while we were staggering through the huge crowds to get away thanks also to the Hawk, King Air and Vampire which followed)

Aztec_uk
22nd Aug 2009, 11:56
Thanks for the timetable... It's hard to find any information about times online.

This will be the first time I will be taking my family to the air show (although been to bournemouth before).

I'm wondering if there is anything on before 12pm? The above times all seem to start after 12pm. I have no idea what will be the best time to get there for (Sunday) although I suppose really early is best.

I'm guessing that it is going to busy so is there any idea where the best place is to view the planes? Someone said between Boscombe pier & Bournemouth pier, does anyone have any directions to get the best location between these piers?

Thanks for any advice/info. :ok:

Lightning Mate
22nd Aug 2009, 12:11
Parking in Boscombe might be a little easier than in Bournemouth.

Just walk west along the beach.

LM

Aztec_uk
22nd Aug 2009, 17:20
Thanks for the reply, we will give that a go. :)

hurn
22nd Aug 2009, 18:02
A fantastic day down on the shore at Bournemouth today! :ok:

Timings For Sunday: (Subject To Change)

Royal Marines Beach Assault 12.15pm
Dorset Air Ambulance 1.05pm
Yakovlevs 1.30pm
The Blades 1.40pm
Raf Falcons 2.00pm
Raf Hawk 2.15pm
Lancaster 2.25pm
Chinook 2.30pm
Spitfire & Mustang 2.45pm
B 17 Flying Fortress "Sally B" 3.00pm
Kittyhawk 3.10pm
Beech King Air 3.20pm
Palmair B737 3.30pm
The Black Cats 3.40pm
Swift Team 3.55pm
Team Guinot 4.10pm
Avro Vulcan 4.25pm
The Matadors 4.35pm
Typhoon 4.50pm
The Red Arrows 5.00pm

TCAS FAN
22nd Aug 2009, 18:59
Just back, the Vulcan was awesome. Anyone out there have any photos? I've a mate who saw the first one fly and would love to make his day.

chippy63
23rd Aug 2009, 17:13
Vulcan:
She flew over us ( 3 miles E of Winchester) in a SE direction about 1545 today.

Aztec_uk
23rd Aug 2009, 22:51
We went today as planned... Great day out! (Despite the sun burn, lol).

We sat between the piers and had an amazing view, I cannot get over how loud the Vulcan is when turning, and how loud the Eurofighter is constantly, scared the hell out of our youngest.

Loads of video/photos and really enjoyed what is our first air festival, will definately do it again next year!

It was a shame that the Red Arrows couldn't complete their second half due to the low cloud and turning weather, was really good to see them in action for at least a little while though.

The timetable was almost spot on and it really helped in keeping our eyes in the sky at the right time, cheers for that.

darren13
24th Aug 2009, 06:53
Tcas fan,i have a load of pics of 558 as it flew over bournemouth airport saturday and sunday.If you want any just pm me ok.
What a good show it was this year,lets hope it gets better by the year!.

hurn
24th Aug 2009, 13:57
Worth a watch and some good noise from the old bird too.

gWAIMuqGrzw

flower
25th Aug 2009, 20:55
Thanks to my Fathers apartment being positioned in the middle of the flight line I get a great view ( except that of the beach assault ) I went last year and this and I thought last years show was a lot better.

Saturdays time table was completely off it felt disjointed. Saying that the displays were excellent, Yakolevs, Red Arrows and the awesome Blades were as good as ever, seeing Vulcan fly was a sheer delight.

Fantastic as a free airshow but very glad I didn't have to be a sardine down on the cliffs and beach but still say last years event was superior.

hurn
25th Aug 2009, 22:12
Disagree with you there flower, I thought this years event was far superior to last year.

Many more interesting types this year including the F86 Sabre, Vampire, Hunter, B17 Sally B, P40 Kittyhawk and the Spitfire/Mustang pair.
Oh, and even the Vulcan turned up 3 times on demand!

To me the airshow was much better this year, and so was the weather!

flower
26th Aug 2009, 22:08
You only saw more types if you could watch the show everyday and most don't get that chance, last year you saw more aircraft on the Saturday and Sunday shows than this year. Not saying it was bad but was no way as good as last years but each to their own.

spamcanner
27th Aug 2009, 08:46
The Vulcan display on Saturday did it for me. Will be going next year!:ok: