PDA

View Full Version : GA in HK??

Grass strip basher
17th Aug 2009, 11:59
Forgive me for asking this here but I am moving from the desert to HK in a couple of months.

Is there anything like a GA scene in Hong Kong or have I condemned my self to another 2-3 years with no possibiity of keeping my hand in in light aircraft?

Thanks for any help you can give.

GSB

chris keeping
18th Aug 2009, 08:42
As OGI has said there is a flying club in Hong Kong (Hong Kong Aviation Club) which is still based at the old Kai Tak Airport, where they run their heli operations from. All fixed wing flying conducted by the club is conducted at Sek Kong in the New Territories which used to be the base for RAF operations but is now occupied by the PLA. As such flying is only conducted on weekends and public holidays, and yes it is a little expensive (C 152 approx HK$ 2300 p.hour). A number of people I know fly in the Phillipines from Clark Airfield. Cheap and relatively quick to get to from HK with the cost of a C152 about half the price as that charged in HK.

Lowkoon
18th Aug 2009, 09:47
Try Dragonair! it's GA with jets! :ok:

ReverseFlight
19th Aug 2009, 02:56
Sorry Chris, no more helis from Kai Tak any more:
http://www.pprune.org/rotorheads/372223-helicopter-collides-bus-kai-tak.html

hongkongfooey
19th Aug 2009, 04:11
I'm sure Hong Kong airlines would rent you a 737, they need the money and you would probably fly it better than 80% of their pilots :hmm:
( sorry, not much help, I know )