PDA

View Full Version : Nigerian StartUps & Loads of Executive Jets.

BALEWA
17th Aug 2009, 11:14
The rate at which the rumours of small airline startups in Lagos is going around and the kind of aircrafts and salary the rumour mongers are blurting out these days is becoming a bit too much dont you think.

I'll start with the latest around now... about the CBN operation out of Lagos. The F/O I flew with yesterday could not stop ranting about it and the mouth watering salary offered by its operators, before that it was something to do with an Embraer owned by UBA Bank I believe it was or some other bank, hidden in the Air Force hanger, cos when I asked where in God's name was this aircraft thats where I was told it could be found and all with the same mouth watering blah blah blah bla bla............................

A few months ago Capital Oil Investment was believed to have acquired a Challenger 60something I dunno those numbers sorry and trained some pilots, but till today I have not seen no Capital Oil Challenger flying.

And then the banks, oh yes the banks I gather all have one or even two jets but have not had the opportunity to identify any so far..Who are they :rolleyes:

Lately there has been the talk about the B737 cargo which was recently moved to the GA ramp and then now to the Air Force Hanger, but still on ground.....Is it ever going to fly...:ugh:

And now the new startup by the Aero guys.:E heard from one of my buddies over at ACN that some of ACN cabin crew have resigned for the new startup....What beats me is I also gather the contracts they are about to operate was operated by ACN before ACN terminated the contracts themselves:rolleyes: whats up ACN this one smells fishy guys... oh well !!!

And the big Kahuna of them all oooh yes the GLO Communications mogul one....well, eh ehm...Rumour going around has it that the Great one himself has purchased a BBJ and is completing his hanger opposite Bristow just for it and his two challenger jets......I cant wait to see that one, not that he cant afford the beauty, but lets see eh....

Also the ZS tails all over the place, most of them HS125-800/900's, for God's sake who is renting all these jets people, they are all over the place in Abuja one can hardly taxi through and find a parking spot cos these guys are everywhere, believe me they rule the ramp in abuja these days...

And before I forget is that a Learjet I see from our window with DANA AIR marked on the tail in its logo too..... beauty that one caught sight of her this morning...crazy absolutely crazy things going on around here....I dunno anymore.

Well have to go now, off to Jos, but will keep in touch on this one.

Balewa

flareout BC
17th Aug 2009, 15:55
It takes the poison injected by the bug which put you in the left seat of a commercial aicraft, {runs in mine, too}, to embrace and be thrilled by the new acquisitions. Otherwise, a recent feature in the Guardian [Nigeria] newspaper pointed out that the flood of ZS- regs was to protect the owners from the indignant eyes of Nigerians.
The lovely Challenger 300, (not 5N- too), is operated by one of the investment banks cleared by the CBN on saturday. It's flown by locals, or at least Africans; a different commercial bank [cleared, too] CEO flies a Citation Excel, often parked at Wings, next door Associated; a ZS- BAe is believed to be operated by a Nigerian dominated oil company; and what I heard was the new Falcon trijet, the one with sidesticks, for the Glo boss (locals fly his Challenger 604, by the way); the Dana Lear has been self-evident at least a year, and the list goes on and on.
The Guardian piece expressed misgivings overall, revealing that Western aviation interests were awed, never mind happy, at the boom times, for the preceding two years had seen about twenty deliveries with at least half of them factory-new, and some individuals owning two machines.
Types included G550, Global Express, Challengers, and BAe 800/900.

BALEWA
18th Aug 2009, 08:31
Thanks flareout BC, thats a lot of info from your side...do u still have that article or could you give me the month the Guardian published the article.

Balewa

LOS
18th Aug 2009, 10:44
Guardian Newspapers (http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/news/article02/indexn2_html?pdate=160309&ptitle=A%20rash%20of%20private%20jets%20amid%20want)

flareout BC
19th Aug 2009, 11:47
One of the cheaper gossip mags on the stands this morning, has a feature on Dangote; says the businessman's bought a Gulfstream. The colour photo on the front page, it seems, was taken at the Lagos GA ramp

dejidip
19th Aug 2009, 23:20
With all these recent banking crisis,I see a bigger crisis on the horizon,concerning these high flyers and a lot more,Does not smell Good:=Methinks we all need to Brace,Not Good

SalesConsult
20th Aug 2009, 11:26
If only they will allow the Central Bank governor to do his jobs, many of these bank-owned equipment will surely be grounded for some time to come - not good news at all:sad:

bubby4
20th Aug 2009, 19:46
Hi Folks

Has anyone heard about ALLIEDAIR in Lagos?
I got an offer but when I replied my emails did not work out.

Thank you
Bubby