PDA

View Full Version : STN - SFX next week

TeddyRuxpin
17th Aug 2009, 10:13
Hello all...

Can anybody offer any ideas about what to expect on the 6.25am Stansted to Berlin SFX next Tuesday morning ?

Weather / load / duration / aircraft - any regulars who can fill me in on likely conditions would be greatly thanked :ok:

Capetonian
17th Aug 2009, 10:29
Now this is a stupid request.

Weather : Presumably you have internet access and could look up the weather forecast. Otherwise, ask someone who has a crystal ball (neither of mine were last time I looked).

Load : That's the only reasonable question.

Duration : I would think that the flight times (i.e. departure and arrival minus the 1 hour time difference) might be a bit of a clue. Too subtle?

Aircraft : Without checking I'd guess it's a Ryanair flight, you might find the answer on their website. Clue : It's probably not a 747 or a 380.

:ugh:

TeddyRuxpin
17th Aug 2009, 11:34
Deary me, someone's rattled. Let me break it down for you:

Weather: One of the lads I'm travelling with is terrified of flying and wondered about advance warning of any likely chop / turb. It's hardly a crystal ball operation is it? Regular travellers / crew on this route at this time of year could offer a "ballpark" prognosis of weather.

Load: my own interest really, I hate STN and wondered if it's likely to be a crush or not.

Flight time: granted. A stupid question.

A/C: a straightforward question for someone who's not a world expert on Ryanair's fleet. I'm guessing a 73-8 or similar.

Now stop banging your emoticon head against the emoticon wall. You might do some damage and start asking "stupid" questions like mine :cool:

Have a g 'n' t mate and relax...

ex-XL-in-exile
17th Aug 2009, 15:01
With all due respect, these really are very basic questions but I'll have a go for you (though I've never flown into SFX nor out of Stansted....)

Weather - at this time of year over northern Europe it should be fine. Maybe a bit of chop on t/o and landing but nothing to spook you.

Laod - early doors midweek flight to a major European city out of a "London" airport. Probably fullish.

Aircraft - Ryanair 737-800

Flightime: Just shy of 1hr 45 I'd guess..

In summary, a short hop in a lovely modern jet with with, I'd imagine, decent weather. And I bet you didn't pay the earth for it either. I'd tell your pal to enjoy it....

(And no, I'm not Ryanair!!)

alexpilot2008
19th Aug 2009, 14:33
Lets get the crystal ball out....

Weather: Sunny/Raining/Cloudy/Stormy/Calm/Turbulent/Snowing (Pick 1)

Conditions.....Ryanair trying to sell you everything!

Load: More pre-heated bacon sandwiches and scratch cards then you could ever imagine!

Aircraft: The Flying Bill Board (A Ryanair 737-800)

Flight-time: A while, followed by a massive walk!

What I am saying is.....you never know! :)

The Real Slim Shady
19th Aug 2009, 15:26
All based on a SXF rotation this morning

Weather: Lovely. 20C at dest, not a breath of wind, no cloud and no turbulence en route. Next week.....you could try Googling The Weather Channel and have a look at the long range forecast.

Load: Busy today, 94% of capacity.

Aircraft: A very new shiny 737-800.

Flight Time: Planned 1 hour 42, actual 1 hr 33 ( due to landing easterly at SXF).

The long walk from the aircraft to the terminal was all of 20 metres!

Cheapest way to the city is via the train: you can check the Berlin transport website for details. There is a covered walkway from the terminal to the rail station. A taxi is about 50€ to Am Zoo.

There is an interesting article on Berlin in this month's inflight magazine too.