PDA

View Full Version : Paris speed limit

4HolerPoler
16th Aug 2009, 22:28
Not confined to BizAv but I hadn't see the new 280 kts restriction above FL100 in Paris before - the controller cleared us "free speeds" at around FL200 (we were already over 300 :}) and I checked the plate - don't know when these came in but it was new to me. Please excuse me if you're better informed than me.

4HP

FL470
17th Aug 2009, 08:29
Just departed Le Bourget yesterday and this speed limit didn't show up on our SID (Ranux 1C) - or we didn't see it :}

4HolerPoler
17th Aug 2009, 19:23
You were OK - not on the Ranux - only on some SID's and not very clearly shown - you almost need to be looking for it.

FLEXJET
17th Aug 2009, 21:29
From Page 3 of this official french DGAC publication:
https://www.sia.aviation-civile.gouv.fr/aip/enligne/fr/..%5CPDF_AIPparSSection%5CARR%20DEP%5CAD%5C2%5C0909_AD-2.LFPB.pdf

1 RULES
1.1.1 Speed limit
For SID RNAV departures, speed is limited to IAS 250 kt below FL 100.
No speed increase request from crew, except necessity. From FL 100,
speed is limited to IAS 280 kt for AGOPA-ERIXU-LATRA-OKASI-PILUL
departures, aircraft can increase speed without any clearance on other SID.
1.1.2 For CONV SID speed is limited to IAS 220 kt.

4HP, just tell them your minimum clean speed is 300KTS :}

CL300
19th Aug 2009, 06:07
on our FMS, the speed limits are clearly inserted, if flying on managed speed (autothrottles make life easier, but you have at least the magenta carret as a reminder if such device is not fitted). Therefore it is easier when briefing the sid not to overlook these speed constraints.
If I remember well, the limitation in climb came from a discussion on the safety comittee, since there was the 280 kt in descent, some people (dsna) were asking for the same in the climb ( in order not to overload ATC with too speedy an aircraft), soon we will be back to procedural ATC like in africa with no more than 2000 ft/mn in order to maintain vertical separation..

Did anyone mention FANS ? ADS-B ? SLOP ? PRNAV ?... pfffff