PDA

View Full Version : Dubai

Techman5
16th Aug 2009, 19:20
Anyone know how long you should allow to change in Dubai? I'm exploring the idea of using my regional airport Emirates service and changing rather than doing battle with LHR, or even worse Slough Shopping Mall (T5). The timetable shows 90 mins in Dubai, which sounds tight to me.

northumberlandairway
16th Aug 2009, 22:49
90 mins is usually more than enough. Have done it several times. security is usually OK but not amazing. Dubai is basically two long terminals joined in the middle. If both flights are operated by EK then you'll almost certainly stay in the same terminal building. The terminals are linked by a wide corridor and there is no need for a bus or train, you just walk - it's no distance at all. The newer terminal is where EK live but better food and drink (alcohol) options exist in the older terminal.

Nipper1011
17th Aug 2009, 08:26
EK still tend to protect long haul connections even if things get a bit tight. However if the actual connecting time drops much below 75 minutes (inbound delays are quite common at Dubai) and there is another EK service within 8 hours or so then don't expect your checked bag to make it onto a short haul connection (e.g. inter-Gulf). Being on pier-served stands both ways also helps speed up the baggage transfer, there is still quite a lot of remote parking going on.
Inbound EK flights to Dubai display the gates for connecting outbound flights on the IFE screens shortly before landing. 200 gates are in T3 (the EK end) 100 gates are in T1 (the other end and may involve bussing to aircraft).