PDA

View Full Version : Qantas

chrisbl
16th Aug 2009, 13:26
Just had the pleasure of flying in from Sydney on QF31 - A380, business class

It was a very comfortable flight the A380 seems a lot quieter than anything else and able to ride out turbulence better than the 777 by a mile.

The real plus side was the cabin service. Whilst I prefer the new upgraded BA club class set up (prefer back to direction of travel) Qantas sevice was miles better.

On the leg from Singapore they have a London based crew and last night they were brilliant. Also Qantas dont seem to skimp on the offering whereas with BA you get the impression that they are even counting the grains of salt. BA seem really mean.

Given the chance again I would prefer the Qantas A380, the better level of service and cabin crew who actally seem bothered to provide a service.

If that was not available then I might compromise with BA (for the seating layout) and expect little in the way of service.

The major problem with the Aus flights is terminal 4 a complete disgrace.

Eddie_Crane
16th Aug 2009, 14:30
The major problem with the Aus flights is terminal 4 a complete disgrace. This will change:
British Airways is moving its flights to Sydney, Singapore and Bangkok from Heathrow Terminal 4 to Terminal 3 on October 29, 2009 with Qantas moving into Terminal 3 on the same day. :)
However no idea how much better T3 is, have only ever flown out of T2, T4 and more recently T5.

Skipness One Echo
16th Aug 2009, 21:51
Terminal 4 is mostly empty and there periods of hours with no arrivals and some with no departures. This is due to refurbishment. Qantas are moving ( back ) to the hole in the ground that is Terminal 3. If you think T4 isn't great, just wait until they cram you into the gate rooms on T3 miles from anywhere. I hate those gate rooms as if there is any delay I am trapped in there!

Give me T5 or T4 anyday. Actually the Europier is quite civilied too.