PDA

View Full Version : Aircraft rental Kenya or Tanzania

namibrand
16th Aug 2009, 11:50
Hello to all in the African forum.

I would like to draw on people's experiences with regards to pleasure flying in Kenya and Tanzania. I am looking to rent an aircraft early next year for a two week period. I am aware of the license conversion processes and have been in contact with a few schools in Nairobi. It seems that most aircrafts are available for rent but with a safety pilot.
I'd like to know if anyone has contacts with schools or privates that are willing to lease an aircraft (c182, c206, c210) for a period of 10-14 days without safety pilot.

Best regards to all.

Namibrand

perceval
19th Aug 2009, 11:53
Hi . Try to talk directly to Capt.Ririani of Kenya School of Flying in Nairobi . After Validation and a decent Flight check it should be possible to go on your own to some airstrips (to be discussed beforehands as the flying is challenging for newcomers in some areas ) . GSJ flying school as well , they've definitely done it in the past . Try also to contact Haro Trempeneau of the Aeroclub of East Africa and C.Strebel of Yellow Wings Air Services , they might be able to point you in the right direction as they know loads about Pleasure flying in Kenya . There was a small outfit in Dar but I can't remember their name off head . Good luck and have fun !

:ok:

namibrand
24th Aug 2009, 14:43
Thanks for the info perceval, much appreciated.
namib