PDA

View Full Version : Anyone in Darwin Airlines?

mau mau
16th Aug 2009, 10:37
Anyone in Darwin airline as pilot or that did recently interview with Darwin Airline in Lugano?
I've been called for interview and I would like to know in what way is structured that interview, for example:

- ATPL technical questions: are multiple choice or open questions? are technical oral interview, or over PC or paper?
Advices for all I need to know, about that oral interview/personality test.

- Simulator: what kind of simulator you will use? they said that probably the test will be about Lugano procedure; any advice? you will be tested regarding ifr procedure and conduction of the airplane only or MCC skills will be enclosed and evaluated in your test?

Many many thanks to who will be able to help me.

farfadet
17th Aug 2009, 10:50
Hi mate!

Sorry, but I haven't got any information to give you but could you please tell if you are Saab rated?
Did you apply as FO or Captain?
thanks!

dirk85
17th Aug 2009, 11:59
mau mau ti posso dire quello che mi ha detto un ragazzo che conosco che ha fatto la selezione non moltissimi mesi fa.
Domande ATPL: format uguale a quello degli esami, quindi rifatti un giro di quiz se vuoi essere tranquillo.
Simulatore: mi ricordo bene che mi aveva parlato di un simulatore non tradizionale, del tipo che mentre fai basico (salite, discese, circuiti vari misti etc) ti danno altri task (tipo premere il pedale se senti un numero dispari, oppure operazioni matematiche, e robe simili, per vedere come te la cavi a gestire pił cose contemporaneamente).
Ciao!

PS: una parte (non tutta) del TR era a carico del pilota, una cifra umana se non ricordo male.

FLYBORIS
18th Aug 2009, 12:19
I would also be interested to know. I do not speak any Italian yet i'm afraid so do not understand the last post. Does anyone have up to date info on salary, duty pay and flying hours to be expected for a first officer at Darwin? If anyone works for Darwin and would like to tell us what it is like that would be great.

dirk85
18th Aug 2009, 13:50
Darwin Airline jobs, payscales and entry requirements. (http://www.pilotjobsnetwork.com/jobs/Darwin_Airline)

This is everything I know about the package in Darwin...
Be prepared for a tough selection process, different stages: face to face interview, atpl quiz, psychimotor tests and also a sim ride.
Good luck

FLYBORIS
18th Aug 2009, 14:01
Thanks Dirk.
I'm aware of the salary but just wondering about duty pay on top as this makes the difference between whether Darwin makes financial sense to me or not. Also any ideas about rostering, flying hours per month etc would be very interesting.

wheresmyelephant
18th Aug 2009, 15:46
recruitment process involves natural selection.....

mau mau
19th Aug 2009, 09:56
recruitment process involves natural selection.....

:zzz::zzz::zzz: very very helpful advise.

Dihaz
21st Aug 2009, 10:23
Any more info Guys?

mau mau
22nd Aug 2009, 12:17
It seem there is no news.
I hope than some Darwin pilot or ex candidate pilot watch this post and would be so kindly to answer, but along the years, i've learned that in this ambient, no one will help you even if he could.:ugh:

fly now
22nd Aug 2009, 21:00
Hi guys!
please forward any info regarding darwin selection.
It would be very helpful to have some tips from somebody who went there.
please please please!!

we r waiting for Your help
many many thanks;)

Zaurbekas
11th Sep 2009, 09:45
I have sent to Darwin all my documents but they answered that I am not suit for them even I have 2700h on SB20 as captain...I don't know why.:ugh:

Dihaz
11th Sep 2009, 11:59
I have sent my documents all along time ago and no reply????

Gcerut
12th Sep 2009, 16:43
Hey guys

we are a swiss company and we need you to be able to speak english and italian correctly

Dihaz
13th Sep 2009, 14:07
But am I not correct that its not a requirement for Pilot recruitment?
Infact I think it even goes as far as to say something like we use English etc etc.