PDA

View Full Version : Spitfire over Hog's Back 13:20 Saturday 15th Aug

aviate1138
15th Aug 2009, 12:34
Thanks to the enroute [From? To?] Spitfire that overflew the Hog's Back this afternoon. Wonderful sound sound got me running to see it pass by. Next time Sir, a little South of the Hog's Back would save me having to run to get a good view behind our trees. Early markings, no idea which Spit it was but it absolutely made my day!

http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn77/aviate1138/Picture9-3.jpg

My view was smaller, in colour and passing in the opposite direction. :) Sounded good even in the cruise.

mark25787
15th Aug 2009, 16:42
Is it AB910, Mk Vb from Battle of Britain Flight?

aviate1138
15th Aug 2009, 19:31
Could be, I just picked a Spit picture that resembled my somewhat leaf shrouded view. However fragile/scarce, aeroplanes in the air are in their element and museums [however good] should be encouraged to get as many of their exhibits airworthy as they can. Finance could be diverted from those idiotic wind turbine projects that will never work as advertised and make electricity very expensive! Or Bankers bonuses and Footballers Agent's percentages. :rolleyes:

salsaboy
15th Aug 2009, 19:41
I'd also like to thank whoever the lucky so-and-so was... I was about to line up at SOU and it did a fast, low pass straight down RW02 right in front of us, flicked its wings and then pulled up and rolled over to the north east. AWESOME!
All I missed out on was the sound as my headset and engines drowned it out.
Looking forward to Bournemouth to get the sound too!

:ok:

Corsairoz
15th Aug 2009, 23:31
I can't remember the reason, but I did read somewhere it was to flypast Southampton at about 1330. This was the 'Spirit of Kent' Mk IXe TA605.