PDA

View Full Version : Sky Europe the latest airline failure?

Anansis
14th Aug 2009, 20:27
Just come across this story which says that if Sky Europe don't pay their outstanding debts by 3pm today (friday 14th August), then Vienna airport will stop servicing their flights from midnight onwards. Anyone got any further information?

UPDATE 1-Vienna airport halts SkyEurope flights from Saturday | Industries | Industrials, Materials & Utilities | Reuters (http://www.reuters.com/article/rbssIndustryMaterialsUtilitiesNews/idUSLE52498320090814)

Falcon666
14th Aug 2009, 20:36
Check the Sky Europe thread for the latest.
They have transferred ops to BTS till problems with VIE are resolved

RoyHudd
14th Aug 2009, 20:48
Mods please erase thread or edit title. This is the sort that wil cause potential pax to shy away from NE, and they are still alive and kicking.

Anansis
14th Aug 2009, 21:09
RoyHudd

With respect, years of heavy losses, a collapse in share price, an application for bankrupcy protection, defaulting on loans and a series of late debt payments cumilating in the latest fiasco suggest otherwise.

Whilest I sincerely hope that Sky Europe survive, I would be grateful if you could justify such a comment.

airman13
15th Aug 2009, 05:03
gentlemen,I am 39 years old, and as I know, Alitalia is in bankrupcy before I was born......do you agree???????????

captplaystation
15th Aug 2009, 09:44
Well, moving it to "Non Airline Transport Stuff" certainly gets it out of sight/ out of mind.
I would certainly agree that it is on life support as opposed to still alive. Whether the " investors" ( now there is a joke:D ) have as much wherewithall or perseverance as the Italian Govt over several decades ? I doubt.
Nonetheless it is a stunning display of how to squeeze the last drops of life out of a corpse. Better surely , to shut up shop & "invest" in starting a new company with a clean sheet of paper & someone competent at the helm, something of a novel concept I know in aviation :ugh:, but might be worth a try. :rolleyes:

ulxima
15th Aug 2009, 10:11
I am 39 years old, and as I know, Alitalia is in bankrupcy before I was born......do you agree???????????

No, facts and figurs prove otherwise.
If you had been 36 years old I would have agreed with you :E

Ciao
Ulxima