PDA

View Full Version : Korean Air Taxes & Commuting

asull
13th Aug 2009, 13:51
First, I have read numerous times that the contract companies pay your Korean income taxes. Would someone US-based mind shedding a little more light on the impact this has on our taxes due? I have noticed some saying the US-Korea tax treaty includes pilots and thus we owe no taxes, but find that hard to believe. It would radically change the compensation package, though, no doubt.

Second, I live in Nashville so could use ATL/ORD/IAD/JFK as connecting points. Would someone mind shedding a little light on the following...most of the flights seem to leave mid-day for ICN so I would obviously much prefer to commute the morning of the flight rather than night before. The problem is we all know if you do that 60 times on a five year contract, one day you're going to miss the connection. Is that a fireable offense? One evening a month to commute the night before isn't a deal-killer but makes a big difference when you only get 9 of them at home!

EDIT: FYI, I would do an advance purchase ticket out of BNA rather than ID90. Thus, the morning flight would be a confirmed seat.

Thanks much.

tcasguy
13th Aug 2009, 22:05
asull, check your PM.:rolleyes:

B