PDA

View Full Version : Jumpseat Ride On Mango

GULF69
13th Aug 2009, 13:48
Hi All,

A friend of mine flew from Joburg to CPT the other day on Mango, and when she asked the pilots if she could ride jump seat they said no problem...now i dont know whether it was an exception because she is quite a hot babe, but is this still allowed?

I am not bitching or moaning about it, i think its awesome for her - was just wondering if Mango allows it at the pilots' discression, or whether they were being naughty?

Ghost_Rider737
13th Aug 2009, 15:01
:ok:Flaming hot chicks are exempt from any CAA/FAA/JAA/ICAO jumpseat rule !! in my opinion. Provided the flight crew do a full body search. LOL...U just better hope no one reports you

birrddog
13th Aug 2009, 15:50
Ghost Rider, for you're sake I hope they are not "Flaming" as you might be disappointed ;)

ChiyaWena
13th Aug 2009, 16:43
If you don't ask......you don't get......

NOTOT
13th Aug 2009, 19:12
Hey, it sometimes beats the pearls-of-wisdom/conversation from the righthand seat!:ok:

NOTOT
15th Aug 2009, 14:55
Another pearl...................................!:ugh::D

GULF69
17th Aug 2009, 08:17
Thanks for all the comments, much appreciated... But back to the topic (I dont fly airlines so i am not familiar with their "do's and dont's).

I this allowed at Mango (or any other airline), and is at pilot's discression, or were they breaking the rules (If you see this chick you most likely will break the rules too!)

aseanaero
17th Aug 2009, 09:21
I this allowed at Mango (or any other airline), and is at pilot's discression, or were they breaking the rules (If you see this chick you most likely will break the rules too!)

I think a photo of the aforementioned jump seat rider is necessary before anyone can pass an opinion on this :ok:

stevef
17th Aug 2009, 11:03
Hmmm... If you were the pilot concerned, would you like to see this thread? Assuming jumpseating isn't permitted, then some well-meaning captain at Mango might get into trouble over this.
I'd have been pleased for the girl's luck and kept quiet about it.

Jangys
17th Aug 2009, 14:17
As far as I recall.

All Mango Captains have a jumpseat card, it is at their discretion to let anyone sit there.:ok: As long as the passengers is a fare paying pax with a seat at the back.

evanb
17th Aug 2009, 19:23
Here is the deal:

SA doesn't allow jumpseating by non crew members due to US regulations
- SAX is included in this by extension since the fly solely on an SA code
- Mango is excluded from it since they fly exclusively on their own AOC and code
- Airlink fly on an SA code but as a codeshare so theoretically they are allowed to utilize the jumpseat (however, I am not sure if they do)

Comair flies exclusively a BA code on some flights and thus are also bound by the same US regulations which do not allow non crew members access to the flight deck. By extention this may include Kulula since they are the same airline on an operational level.

1Time allows jumpseating by non crew members since CAA regulations allow it and they don't fly to the US

DASHER 8
18th Aug 2009, 08:36
We are allowed to put company personel/other crew in uniform/relatives, and if she is "relatively" hot then she qualifies too.:ok:

EladElap
18th Aug 2009, 11:52
I was allowed to ride in the jump seat on a Kulula flight last year. Just asked and the guys said no problems... didn't even mention the fact that I was off duty flight crew.

GULF69
18th Aug 2009, 12:30
Thanks Evan, all i wanted to know!

ct2003
18th Aug 2009, 18:03
@evanb:

Do the mentioned US regulations apply somehow different to European airlines? :confused:

I had more than 20 cockpit jump seat rides with airlines which also fly to the US, like Lufthansa, Austrian, Air Berlin/LTU... :eek:

I am a Lufthansa employee, non-flying, holding a LH badge but no crew member.

evanb
19th Aug 2009, 14:41
The US regulations are post 911 and allow any company employee or other authorized person access to the flight deck. I am not sure what authorized means but possibly could include flight crew from other airlines, etc. Access is only denied for passengers.