PDA

View Full Version : 1Time turn-around at JNB

grjplanes
13th Aug 2009, 09:37
It seems that a 1Time flight from JNB to GRJ has turned back to JNB shortly after take-off, and is currently delayed. Anyone know or seen anything? Can just imagine the papers tomorrow again, how lives flashed infront of the pax's eyes, and the captain didn't tell them what was going on, not having a chat all the way back. The brace position, loud bangs, fire, rattling and all those horrible things that happen everytime...

kingkong123
13th Aug 2009, 18:03
Ah Yes, and so the Bulls--t rumour will be started by the misinformed and presumptuous press.... it was an aborted take off, at a seemingly low speed..... No bang, no pop and handled well by the crew.:ok:

Romeo E.T.
13th Aug 2009, 22:03
was the "AVIS" MD80, was waiting to cross 21R, and about midway between taxiway "N" and "H" on Rny21R, the aircraft calmly announced that they were rejecting, with no assistance required.........no drama.

LittleMo
14th Aug 2009, 09:10
"As the Boeing Airbus MD99 hired to 1Time by Avis screeched to a halt on the runway, passengers heard a loud bang followed by a rapid descent of at least 4000m, we all prayed and saw our lives flashing berfore our eyes. The Captain didn't even tell us what was happening and whether we'd be getting our meal on time" "I really think the pilot didn't know what they were doing and should have pushed the ditching button like that man in the Hudson River" said Mrs F.C.K. Wit of Brakpan. As a mother of 7 who'se eldest son once shared a boarding school hostel room with a fellow pupil who held a Student Pilots Licence, Mrs F.C.K. Wit knew that the situation was life threatening and has since had to have at least 5 mins of trauma counselling.

Charl Pauw - Reporting live from Dassen Island

Capetonian
14th Aug 2009, 09:19
Oh brilliant .... LittleMo. Is Charl Pauw still around ... jees, I haven't heard him for ages but I hardly ever listen to local radio it's become too, ahem, plural, for my liking!

There was also a Mr. D. Oos on board who said : " We saw all four propellers on the Boeing Airbus engines turning then suddenly all the engines was on fire like. We dropped at least 40,000 feet in about 10 seconds ...."

Goffel
14th Aug 2009, 09:52
What should be interesting is if they abort today, they will have no fewer than 6 CAA members, 4 Sunday Times journo's on board going to CT on the 15:15 flight.

Should be interesting what will be said then.

gOFFELL....nOT hOLDING hIS bREATH oN gETTING hOME tODAY.

kingkong123
14th Aug 2009, 10:32
Was the aircraft not a Cessna747-600 hired from Avis Brakpan. Fortunately all 1970 airbags deployed in the incident, however the Pilots used their ejection seats leaving the pax to taxi the aircraft back to the ramp... Bad form from the pilots. This was a true live report Mrs B S HIT.

u674087
14th Aug 2009, 11:05
...but they have had more than their share of technical problems given the fleet size, frequency and network. That much you can't deny.

ARENDIII
14th Aug 2009, 20:12
Call this a Professional Pilots Forum-All of you previous posters shoul'd take a hike!:eek:

Goffel
15th Aug 2009, 14:02
At least we know our co-pilots name.....oh....and the engineers name.

Capetonian
15th Aug 2009, 14:05
ARENDIII

Sense of humour failure? Or did you never have one?

grjplanes
17th Aug 2009, 13:36
I see 1Time is using a 737-200 again, have been doing the late Friday and Sunday afternoon flights JNB-GRJ over the weekend. Would it be the same one that was involved in the Bredasdorp escapade. Why are they using it again, I thought they had some MDs not being utilised fully or parked?

Btw, SAX is also using a 732 to GRJ at the moment?

ian16th
17th Aug 2009, 17:02
With last months Mastercard bill from Standard Bank, there was an offer of a weekend trip to Durban/Umhlanga with flight/hotel/hire car.

I phoned and asked which airline the flights were with. When I was informed that it was with 1Time and I declined, the agent didn't seem too surprised.

I wonder if the word is getting around?

Solid Rust Twotter
17th Aug 2009, 17:06
It does appear there's a bit of axe grinding going on. Similar thread with digs at 1Time by an ijacobs on another forum. One wonders at the similarities. Could this be someone trawling the aviation sites to badmouth an airline? Makes one wonder about the agenda as well if that's the case.

280dt
17th Aug 2009, 17:33
do you remember CP quite a few years back reporting from an agricultural day in the Boland.went something like this - "this is Charl Pauw from the Paarl Show".The cameraman laughed so much he couldn't keep the camera still. :ok:

Cpt. Underpants
17th Aug 2009, 17:45
You forgot the dreaded "TAIL SPIN" and "NOSE DIVE"!!

three eighty
18th Aug 2009, 03:18
When I was informed that it was with 1Time and I declined, the agent didn't seem too surprised.

More like the agent didn't care.

An indifferent telemarketer does hardly a crises make;)

Goldfish Jack
19th Aug 2009, 04:55
A telemarketeer that knows anything about anything more than they are selling is indeed a very rare breed, let alone know anything about aviation....