PDA

View Full Version : UAE residence visas - for the over 58's...

onhmss
13th Aug 2009, 08:50
I understand from some friends affected, that the GCAA have now stopped issuing licence validations unless individuals have a residence visa. Furthermore, if you try and get a residence visa and are over 58 years old, you will be denied unless you belong to a group of 11 chosen professions. ( The list does not include pilots )

Like many, if not all, things in the UAE this may or may not be the way it will be for the future...... :confused::confused:

This is how I understand things to be, but what do you know ??
Have you experiences to the contrary ??

Do tell.

ONHMSS

Gulfstreamaviator
13th Aug 2009, 12:47
Please post a link to the National or even the trusty Gulf News web site, for those of us not subscribing to those respected publications.

glf

Miles Gustaph
13th Aug 2009, 15:09
...to apply for a license you need to show a copy of your passport and visa... and as for being 58... 58 year old's can still fly in the U.A.E although not for very long.

Gulfstreamaviator
14th Aug 2009, 04:27
Do you mean till 65, as it is at present or do you mean until wednesday, when the rules changes AGAIN, or whenever.

atpcliff
16th Aug 2009, 14:07
Hi!

I would be interested in more info about license conversions/validations and work/residency permits.

The company I work for is planning on basing a couple of planes in Dubai starting next month.

cliff
NBO