PDA

View Full Version : Bold army aviator saves stabbed woman

airborne_artist
11th Aug 2009, 14:49
WO Jason Steward AAC commended by Thames Valley Chief Constable:

"Thames Valley Police Chief Constable Sara Thornton has commended an army helicopter pilot for his off-duty heroics while visiting friends in Oxfordshire. Warrant Officer First Class Jason Steward, from Newton Aycliffe, County Durham, is a helicopter instructor from 9 Regiment Army Air Corps based in North Yorkshire.

He has recently returned from Afghanistan.

While staying with friends in Didcot last year, Jason heard the cries of a woman. He looked out to see two women being pursued by a man with a large knife.
He followed them into a house, where one of the women was being attacked. Jason managed to tackle the man, who had the knife raised to stab the woman, disarming him and dragging him away from the victim. He then restrained the attacker until police arrived."

Full story (http://www.thamesvalley.police.uk/newsevents/newsevents-news-item.htm?id=95833)

Sounds very hairy, so very well done :ok:

Edit - ironically the attacker was an Afghan.

ralphmalph
11th Aug 2009, 16:35
Well done Will Ferrell! ;-)

I did hear that copius amounts of black nasty was used to "subdue" the attacker!

Ralph

Hueymeister
11th Aug 2009, 16:36
Well done Jase, I always knew you were a brave lad..you had to be to do the CFS Mutuals with me...

Well done mate
Huey

Gnd
12th Aug 2009, 07:07
Some people will do any to ge to out - get back in the office and sort A&R out.