PDA

View Full Version : BACA

SussexBroker
11th Aug 2009, 12:50
I must admit that I was "delighted" to open my mail this morning from BACA; the organisation that I pay good money to ensure that quality and excellence is pushed and governed in my industry. An industry that has some quality companies but one that is also is rife with charlatans and shoddy operators, imagine my "delight" to notice that 247 Jet have been reinstated as members :confused:

Well done BACA for adding credibility to this "wonderful" company that has never let anyone down and does such a good job for the reputation of our industry :D

SB

Monkey Boy
11th Aug 2009, 13:16
Restores your faith doesn't it? :ugh:

Daifly
11th Aug 2009, 13:59
We should have a vote on members like BBGA does.

Suggested that last year........

SussexBroker
11th Aug 2009, 14:39
No, I think it is fair that anyone can get in and stay in - there are some companies that are disliked by many fellow industry professionals for reasons that are not about quality so having a "vote" isn't always the fairest way, it is not a popularity contest.

That said, I think in the interests of BACA or any other body wishing to gain/maintain respect within our industry they should perhaps use a common sense attitude or at least take a view on each individual case.

BACA have lost some of my respect IMHO following this - perhaps the board of the BACA needs a kick up the backside. Wake up and smell the coffee or other the scents that surround certain airlines - rather than just accepting that a proposer and seconder are suitable referees to become members of a "respected" organisation !

I think even the most unpopular people in the industry have at least two friends !!!

G-SPOTs Lost
11th Aug 2009, 15:18
What happened to the aircraft that had the incident at EDI did it ever go flying again. Got introduced to G-JBIZ once was quite obvious that all the money had been spent on the paint and interior.

When I heard it on the radio reporting an unincreasable mach no of .56.....I was very curious as to what it weighed :suspect: or if they were flying it at LRC

merlinxx
11th Aug 2009, 16:37
Direct yr questions to BK for that :mad: maybe you'll get a :mad: answer:ugh:

What goes in as .... comes out as ....:yuk:

Steak&Kidney_Pie
11th Aug 2009, 20:26
G-SPOTs lost: Please don't make dumbfounded accusations that ANY 247Jet Crew would fly aircraft overweight! := LRC more likely. We are a hardworking bunch who fly hard, and most importantly, despite previous company reputation, with the highest standards. It appears your name is true :ugh:

I apologise to SussexBroker if the company has upset him/her. I'm sure that this was not the intention, and we would relish the opportunity to show you otherwise.

Regards

SKP

Flintstone
11th Aug 2009, 21:11
I apologise to SussexBroker if the company has upset him/her. I'm sure that this was not the intention......

I'm sure you genuinely mean that S&K but knowing your principal I doubt he gave or gives a flying toss about what upset SussexBroker. I also genuinely believe you've never flown an overweight aircraft there too but I know for a fact that certain people there have tried to get other crew to do it. The conversation I heard went "Now change that one to a woman and those two to children and it'll work..........".

Watch your back.

Apologies for thread drift, back on topic.

G-SPOTs Lost
12th Aug 2009, 05:46
S&KP

In no way shape or form meant to offend, it was only a thought and some considerable length of time ago way before the lovely man CT tried to bring order and even before JV was there.

If you're getting things shipshape over and working hard to reverse the reputation the place has and earning a living at the same time then full marks

It might just be that the a/c's a dog! Dunno never got to fly it

Steak&Kidney_Pie
12th Aug 2009, 20:35
Flinty,

Sorry to hear that! I appreciate the comments. :ok:

G-SPOT's Lost,

Apologies if I seemed jumpy, reputations of the past can haunt (if rather unfairly today!) It's true, some of us are trying to make it a better place. There is an excellent team of crew there i must admit, who are all exceptionally patient.

The aircraft are well used and worked hard, but that why PM is still trading well. Good principle all round, just needs a little touching up here and there :cool:

Safe flying to you all,

SKP