PDA

View Full Version : corrossion found on DHL 727 aircraft

kbo415
11th Aug 2009, 02:57
DHL Bahrain based 727 aircraft are starting to get grounded by mechanics due to corrossion found on various flight control cables.. Just recently Mechanics grounded one aircraft because 4 out of 7 cables used to assist in operating the elevator system were severed.. And a few weeks ago another 727 taking off out of Bahrain had the flight spoiler cables fail on one wing causing the spoilers to raise.. The aircraft was able to return to the airport with great difficulty..According to the mechanics they told management they had enough and will start grounding the aircraft for heavy checks..

Exup
11th Aug 2009, 11:26
In defence of the Engineers who are experiencing these problems, they are the Line Engineers who are very unlikely to ever be called upon to inspect Flight Control Cables, this is usually the remit of the Base Engineers who perform the heavier B,C & D checks. The Line Engineers are suffering the consequences of poorly performed Heavy maintenance and are completely correct in their position with regard to grounding the aircraft. The question has to be asked where are & by whom the heavy checks are being perfomed by.

four engine jock
11th Aug 2009, 12:26
I totally agree with the line Engineers, if its broke they must fix it!!!!

boingdrvr
11th Aug 2009, 15:14
It is my understanding that they only operate two 727's. (is this correct?)

So both aircraft are AOG within a month for relatively the same problem?? Not good!!

On a lighter note. I know where you could pick up some 727's on the cheap. You could even choose between flavors, yellow -200's or white -100's. Just email John Dasberg at "airlineempirebuilder@a$$wipe_dot_cum"

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y26/fr8tdog/1555425.jpg

kbo415
11th Aug 2009, 17:14
No, They have 6.... but only 2 are working at any given time.. so I guess you are kind of correct:}