PDA

View Full Version : Aerorbatic group near Bristol?

Pizza Express
10th Aug 2009, 19:51
I am new to the South West area and looking to join a local group/share in a decent aerobatic aircraft. If anyone knows of anything that might be of interest to me then it would be great to have a reply or PM.

I am looking for a max drive of 1 hour from Bristol and the aircraft must be capable of decent aeros eg +5/-3 min something like pitts/yak. I have an aerobatic instructor ticket and looking for something to fly maybe 6/7 hours a month when time permits for recreational use.

Best Regards

Runaway Gun
10th Aug 2009, 23:47
Suggest puting an Advertisement up on a notice board at Kemble Airfield.
In the Tower, or perhaps the AV8 restaurant.

Good calibre of experienced aeros pilot around there too.

18greens
11th Aug 2009, 21:51
How about setting up an S1 syndicate at Kemble?? Great airfield begging for more aircraft.

englishal
11th Aug 2009, 22:03
Start one at Henstridge (just East of the Yeovilton MATZ) and you'll have a couple of other chaps interested :ok:

Actually you are far more advanced in Aero's than me....and I know there is a third share in a Christen Eagle at Henstridge...I am not experienced enough in tailwheel so no good for me at the moment.

Not to mention that the Yak team will be based there soon....

18greens
12th Aug 2009, 21:46
I am very keen to get back in a pitts group but one on the pfa register this time.

If you want to help me set one up at Kemble let me know.

Pizza Express
13th Aug 2009, 18:37
I should have said must have 2 seats as like taking other people up for a jolly! Pitts S2a what would the costs be for a new group set up? Rough idea would be interesting.

18greens
20th Aug 2009, 10:10
New Group costs (roughly)

Pitts S2 £50k
Annual £4k
Hangarage £2400
Insurance £1500
They burn about 40 litres per hour.

Pitts s1 £35k
Annual £400
Hangarage £1800- thye are smaller)
Insurance £1000
They burn about 30 lph

The main difference is the maintenance schedule S1s are on LAA so you can do more yourself.

If you really want a two seat consider a Stolp or one of the S2Es. A bulldog or slingsby will cost the same to run as an S2.

Still interested?

PFA flyer
20th Aug 2009, 21:46
18greens

I would be very interested in a PFA permit aerobatic aircraft at Kemble. Please PM or email to see if we have common interests.

Thanks, PFA flyer.

JamesTigris
21st Aug 2009, 11:45
I'm in a Bulldog Group at Kemble and bought in with the plan to do aerobatic training on the aircraft. Kemble is certainly a good base in the SW if Aeros are your thing.

I will be looking for an instructor in the near future if you do get based down here. The group may also be open to an additional member so feel free to PM me.

Pizza Express
1st Sep 2009, 12:05
Thanks everyone I have sorted myself out with an aeroplane now cheers

JamesTigris
1st Sep 2009, 18:21
Just out of curiosity...

...where did you end up and what will you be flying?

Pitts2112
1st Sep 2009, 21:22
Pizza Express, 18Greens, and PFA Flyer, check your PMs. I know of someone interested in setting up an aeros group at Kemble and may be able to put you all together.

PE - disregard if you've already found something. I hadn't read all the posts before sending the PM to you.

Pitts2112

PFA flyer
2nd Sep 2009, 21:21
Pitts 2112 and 18greens,

Thanks for your PMs and I have responded to them. Sounds good if it could all come together.

Regards, PFA flyer.

Pitts2112
4th Sep 2009, 11:32
This looks like it could well come together.

So far, PFA Flyer, 18 Greens, and 2 other people have been in contact looking to form an aerobatic group at Kemble. If anyone else is interested, please drop me a line and I'll try to put you all in touch.

PFA flyer
30th Sep 2009, 21:47
Hello All,

After all the PMs flying around the grand total of 2 people turned up last weekend to discuss forming an aerobatic group at Kemble. Whilst very keen we would like to know if there are more people interested. PM, email, whatever if you have an interest in for example, acquiring a Pitts S-1 to be based at Kemble.

Regards, PFA flyer.