PDA

View Full Version : RVL sponsorship on hold

CraigyD
10th Aug 2009, 16:10
Don't know if there is another post earlier about this, but I got a letter through the post from RVL group this morning saying the sponsorship programme is on hold for at least the next 12 months with some restructuring to the current programme to be expected. I had recieved a letter from them a couple of months ago saying the intake would be now. A shame, I had my eye on flying their DC3's :}!

Craigyd

newtownards
11th Aug 2009, 14:17
I received the same message..

One thing though.. RVL dont own any DC 3s :( they stayed with Atlantique, though they would be nice to fly

CraigyD
11th Aug 2009, 23:22
I didn't realise they stayed with Atlantique. They are pictured and listed on the RVL website in their aircraft section so assumed they where theirs. Self funded it is then! Good times.

leedspotter
12th Aug 2009, 03:14
Its a shame to hear this news!
RVL group do operate a VERY red DC-3 by the way!!:\

Apply to the Atlantic Airlines Cadetship Scheme. Much the same as the RVL cadet scheme. Expect to work like a horse :O
Atlantic Airlines Cadet Pilot Flight Training Scheme | Multiflight (http://www.multiflight.com/flight-training-centre/cadet-scheme.php)

CraigyD
13th Aug 2009, 18:28
I thought so!

I did apply to the Atlantic scheme, but a bit late I think. About a day after I sent mine off they had asked for people to attend selection :ugh:. Still, always next time!

I also sent an application off to Highland Airways, anyone heard some news from them with regards to their program?

Akrapovic
13th Aug 2009, 18:43
I heard some ex-cadet is suing RVL for unfair dismissal??

silverknapper
15th Aug 2009, 14:10
Unfortunately RVL aren't the only ones suffering for cadets who join up promising the world, then get all militant as soon as they have a foot in the door. Sign of the times perhaps? Who knows, but it does indeed spoil it for everyone else. Let them speak to an ex fugly of old, see who thinks had it hardest!

15th Oct 2009, 10:50
Heard they are about to lose the MCA contract too so not looking great!

Ouch! The MCA contract was always the cash cow in the past. Losing that would be a big kick to the nads . . .

It was a long time coming, and it doesn't surprise me that some former cadet has decided to take the company to court for dismissal (unfair or not). They went through my intake with a scythe, binning over 3/4's of those originally taken on. However, those that did took it on the shoulders without the yankee-doodle sue-your-ass mentality that seems to be creeping into society these days.

Best of luck to those involved.

Terry_flyer
27th Oct 2009, 21:56
'Atlantique' you sound like a discruntled employee or someone with inside knowledge of this company....As far as I am aware the company is in a sound state and like all aviation businesses they are making the required cut backs in the current economic climate!

Just because you have suffered an engine failure - doesnt result in the company going bust - its called reserves!

MCA contract being lost!?! do you know something I don't? because latest rumours are the contract may be extended past the current contract expirary date as the merger is likely to be cancelled between the Coastguard and the Fisheries!!

This is what you call a rumour network but I suggest that people make sure their rumours are accurate and up to date before the post them on here!!

Terry_Flyer

Akrapovic
28th Oct 2009, 12:15
This is what you call a rumour network but I suggest that people make sure their rumours are accurate and up to date before the post them on here!!

Hilarious!
Rumours, by definition, are not accurate or certain. You're confusing rumour with fact!

Terry_flyer
28th Oct 2009, 15:13
Rumours are generally 10% truth and 90% Opinion, where as my comment is 90% truth and 10% opinion!!

Akrapovic
28th Oct 2009, 15:46
Not sure where you got those stats from Terry, but I'm only twisting your arm - perhaps we can get it 100 % from someone? :ok:

Terry_flyer
28th Oct 2009, 17:42
....and as to RVL and DC-3's they don't own any but they do operate one G-ANAF which has been specially modified for a wide rage of aerial survey and other special operations flight trials!