PDA

View Full Version : Flight Planning System

Red Six
10th Aug 2009, 14:14
I am interested in getting some Pilot feedback on this. Which Flight Planning Program do you find the best. PPS, Jeppesen Flitestar, LIDO, any other recommendations... I am very interested in learning the Pro's and Con's of them all, and which is the best for the price.

Thanks for your input.

Grasscarp
10th Aug 2009, 15:54
It might help with replies to give the number of aircraft and area of operations. The size of the operation makes a difference to what is suitable and also economical. Also do you fly the same routes, or want something which will generate a route for you?

Red Six
10th Aug 2009, 16:46
Yeah, sorry, I left out some important details. It would mostly be for small-midrange business jets, mostly in Europe, a bit to Russia or North Africa. I am not looking for a company, I am doing the planning myself and want to know which software is most appropriate.

Thanks again.

His dudeness
10th Aug 2009, 20:01
Aviationoffice, german prog that gives you more than just flightplanning. The administration of a smaller ops - may it be commercial or not - can be doine with it.

PPS is good too.

Lazy Bird
13th Aug 2009, 20:20
:ok:

Web-based, available whenever you get a connection to the server. That means available for quick changes if you are off-base

Common Interface (Windows)

Includes a big ammount of infos, all you need is available for world wide trips

Aircraft Database (but I think thats common for all big systems)

Statusreports about ATC-Plan processing and filing

Performance calculations, quit good trip planning

quick and flexible customer support

:yuk:

very complicated user interface

you need a lot of training on the system

leaves you allone, if you did not enter all details it needs. E.G.:typical message: "enroute error". Thats not what you expect!

You will need to be trained as a dispatcher if you want to work effective with Jetplan.

EXPENSIVE :{

I got infos that PPS is working on coming up online, too.
As far as I know they already left DOS as programming tool.

Good Luck

roljoe
14th Aug 2009, 15:01
PPS is really a nice one and efficient..

+ plenty of possibilties to customize it..:ok:

hawkesmikey
17th Aug 2009, 05:56
you could try airdata based in the uk not too expensive, and web based, and you don't need to be an expert!! I use them for the 6 aircraft that I support.