PDA

View Full Version : Clutch Inspection vs torque

Torquelimited
10th Aug 2009, 14:10
Anyone have any idea why if a clutch inspection was carried out on the combining gearbox of a PT6-3B engine would the CBox come back from the certified overhaul facility with torque transducer settings altered on the data plate??

Saint Jack
12th Aug 2009, 01:36
It's a PT6T-3B. My initial thoughts are 'no'. The clutch simply transfers power from the respective power section to the output shaft and is either 'engaged' or 'over-riding'. However, if there were previous problems with slippage in the 'engaged' mode, indicated by some scoring on the mating faces of the sprags, then it is possible that some recalibration of the torque indicating system may be required. Also, without knowing to TSO of the CGB, the torque recalibration may have been required due to nothing more than normal wear-and-tear.

An interesting question, why not contact the certified overhaul facility that performed the clutch inspection and ask them, let us all know what they say.

Saint Jack
13th Aug 2009, 03:41
Torquelimited: Move your query to 'Rotorheads' where I feel you'll get a better response.

vahidjavan
18th Feb 2015, 12:45
Hi friends
Ihave a problem
I work on a pt6t3b engines,when both engines wanna go to take off ,one of torque engine in 70%N1 limit,imean go to its max limit..
So if have any idea help me plz
Ty v much