PDA

View Full Version : Cityjet Scheme

EI-022
10th Aug 2009, 09:00
Hello,

I have been looking at the cityjet scheme for a while. However I am missing a few pieces to the puzzle.

Why did they stop using Bristol Aviation?
Is CTC or FTE the only way into a cityjet seat?
Why is Bristol Aviation not mentioned too much on this forum as a cheaper integrated route?

Bristol Aviation lost its IAA rating last year, any reasons why?

Any news from Cityjet insiders about the starting up of the scheme any time soon? (unlikely I know)

Finallly is the scheme even worth it? FTE prices are 100 000€ for maybe job with Cityjet. wages start around at 29-32 000€ after being hired p.a?

Thanks in advance.

irishone
11th Aug 2009, 21:15
Rumour has it recruitment starting again in Oct...any truth?? Find it hard to believe.

Aerouk
12th Aug 2009, 01:12
FTE is a swizz... I remember challenging them on their FlyBe partnership and all they could answer was "Eh.. I live a good life"

I've said it before, €100,000 (plus interest and the rest of the costs) for a €29-30k salary is a joke!

PAPI-74
17th Sep 2009, 20:42
Oct - naah!
Try the new year.

Wufflebunny
18th Sep 2009, 07:48
Hi

Lena from Bristol Aviation here, thought I would clarify the situation for you. We were a supplier for Sigmar who Cityjet used for the course. Cityjet had to suspend this scheme due to the recession and therefore asked Sigmar to stop intake and therefore as suppliers we were not required anymore.

Sigmar lost the IAA rating-sorry I do not know why.

Bristol Aviation has decided not to pursue the integrated route as a school and are staying modular, we find that this is a good flexible training option currently because people can fit it around their jobs.

Having spoken to Cityjet they are keen to start the scheme up again as soon as the accountants give the nod!

Hope that helps

Lena