PDA

View Full Version : Lancaster over Lancashire??

VfrpilotPB/2
10th Aug 2009, 08:46
Yesterday, Sunday the 9th August whilst clearing up my garage, I thought I heard the windblown sound of a Merlin or two, being high summer and surrounded by trees I needed to get higher to see into the expanse of blue that may contain the A/c making the harmoneous sound of many pistons, after a quick sprint up a ladder,.. low and behold, flying West to East at approx 500Agl I saw the tail end of what I am sure was the BBMF Lancaster, by this time the sound due to the wind direction had ceased but the twin tails and huge bulk very quickly dissapeared over the low hills leading up to the rump of Pendle hill, the A/c was heading almost in the direction that most Pax A/c take for Yeadon,

Could anyone confirm my partial sighting or was it some other twin tail multi piston A/c?

Peter R-B
Vfr

682al
10th Aug 2009, 09:16
The BBMF displayed at the Blackpool airshow yesterday afternoon at around 3.30pm, so you may well have seen it.

JEM60
10th Aug 2009, 09:46
Have just had the pleasure of seeing the BBMF Lanc flying, followed by the Canadian one flying at Oshkosh, within 14 days. Heaven.