PDA

View Full Version : Who's going to replace Godfrey at VB ?

blow.n.gasket
10th Aug 2009, 04:07
Any truth to the rumour that John Borghetti ex Qantas is being considered?

struggling
10th Aug 2009, 04:23
Haven't heard Borghetti's name mentioned, but did read in the paper recently that Peter Grieg is a contender.

Given VB's financials, a betting man would put his money on PG; I think.

:ooh:

neville_nobody
10th Aug 2009, 04:27
How much pull does Branson have on the matter?

xkred27
10th Aug 2009, 04:36
Based on BG I.Q test, the nearest score to his was Forrest Gump.
Stupid is what stupid does.

VB's like a box of chocolates.......u never know what your gonna get.

Mr.Buzzy
10th Aug 2009, 04:57
Sand, sand, f@&ken sand!!!

Bbbbbbzzzzzbbbbzzzzz

Qanchor
10th Aug 2009, 05:02
if they do things the same way as the rat, the position has already been filled, then they advertise it

ozangel
10th Aug 2009, 08:34
I hear Grimace from McDonalds is looking for work?

He might just be a shoe in, what with the Hamburglar in charge of Human Resources?!

He can't speak, and is technically a purple blob of jelly with no specific purpose, but his main selling point is 'No Decisions' is better than 'Bad Decisions'. He just might save VB some $$$!

Maybe Borghetti could be number 2? Working for Grimace would have to be easier and more dignified than GD?!

porch monkey
10th Aug 2009, 08:35
I'd be pretty surprised if Borghetti got it. Not because he isn't any good, I personally think it would be a pretty good choice. At the end of the day, those fisharses wouldn't pay a bloke like that what he'd rightfully feel is fair. So no....:ugh:

greenslopes
10th Aug 2009, 08:44
James Hogan.

stubby jumbo
10th Aug 2009, 10:02
My money is on these .....in descending order:

*JB
*Rod Eddington ( Sir):rolleyes:
*Gary Toomey
*Mr Ed :ok:

greenslopes
10th Aug 2009, 10:43
gary Toomey's already tenured to Airlines of PNG

fl610
10th Aug 2009, 10:58
Upgrade :eek:

http://i958.photobucket.com/albums/ae61/vipertf51/images.jpg

ANstar
10th Aug 2009, 11:25
Scott Swift the EGM of VA? He ahs been there from the start with Godfrey.

capt.cynical
10th Aug 2009, 22:58
"The Recievers" :uhoh:

Rudder
10th Aug 2009, 23:20
Sherrard is coming back......

Capt_CheeseDick
11th Aug 2009, 00:01
swift? :yuk: (the jump seat bandit?:rolleyes:)
That's the last person you need -another accountant!
It's a chance to get back to basics and Airline skilled and knowledgeable "people managers" such as has been proven to work in Southwest; Air Asia; Kingfisher...
Just a thought anyway.:ok:

LMC: Hogan suggested: He'd be good. Look what he's done to Etihad and also Gulf, prior to politics taking over there.

Buster Hyman
11th Aug 2009, 00:07
Remember...you read it here first...

GD!!!

:eek:

Stubby
11th Aug 2009, 00:10
Who is Peter Greig?:confused:

ebt
11th Aug 2009, 00:32
Capt_CheeseDick, just for the record Tony Fernandes is an accountant by trade, so don't lump all accountants in the same basket.

And Kingfisher? Seriously? Maybe when they turn a profit some time next decade...

Capt_CheeseDick
11th Aug 2009, 00:49
ebt :D:D
Good to see someone else is up with it and keeps informed.
Southwest is the good example in there.

Who knows who it'll be, as the 12 month race to prove ones-self has just begun. I'm sure there'll be plenty of pissy, long, mate-ship bonding lunches to come :)

VBPCGUY
11th Aug 2009, 02:22
There will be alot of 'under the desk' activities with knee pads being required me thinks.

ozangel
11th Aug 2009, 02:44
Midget Ice Hockey?

skybed
19th Aug 2009, 05:15
formerly of QF fame is reportedly the number one choice to take over at VB.
.:eek:

blow.n.gasket
19th Aug 2009, 11:02
Why not Trev ?
He's had a go everywhere else.
Stop being mean VB!:ok:

Arthur Boy
19th Aug 2009, 21:42
JB would be a great CEO, but does he 'fit' the DJ model?

He comes from a 'full service' background and has lots of points notched up, not many of which would 'fit' DJ's model.

Or, if the scuttlebut is correct, is DJ moving further toward the full service model????

Confusing as another rumour suggests this is why Brett is on the way out as he has moved away from the original model.........

Who pulls the strings there?? Sir Richard?? Someone else?? Thats the key as to who will get the gig IMHO......going to very very interesting 12 months or so......

skybed
20th Aug 2009, 01:35
where all the kremlins in QF are buried and could have a bit of fun publicity wise.:ok:

VBPCGUY
20th Aug 2009, 21:21
According to middle management someone who is going to come in and contract out all ground crew:eek:

Nil defects
21st Aug 2009, 00:40
Is it co-incidental that the share price has been going up since BG announced his retirement!?

ozangel
21st Aug 2009, 07:30
VBPC - try not to be drawn into those bollocks rumours spread by vacant minded shyte-stirrers hoping to get more productivity out of you during an EBA negotiation.

I have just realised that BG is going to want someone that makes him look good - hence I withdraw my submission of Grimace.

Maybe it will be 'Betty Goodfray' (she looks just like Brett, but with the demeanour, image and airline management knowledge of Mrs. Slocombe from are you being served. Other than actually having hair and alleged gender, just like Brett really?

Tidbinbilla
21st Aug 2009, 08:59
Maybe it will be 'Betty Goodfray' (she looks just like Brett, but with the demeanour, image and airline management knowledge of Mrs. Slocombe from are you being served
Just as long as she brings her "pussy"....;)

ozbiggles
21st Aug 2009, 11:30
Tidbinbilla!
I hope you report yourself......mmm to yourself?

Mr. Hat
21st Aug 2009, 11:52
Is it co-incidental that the share price has been going up since BG announced his retirement!? Is it co-incidental that the share price has been going up since BG announced his retirement!?

No. The rest of the market has moved up as well.

According to middle management someone who is going to come in and contract out all ground crew

Doubt it.

Who's going to replace Godfrey at VB ?
BG will want someone equal to or better than himself as he no doubt holds a significant amount of shares in the company.