PDA

View Full Version : Cabin Crew Thomson Airways

finding_nema
8th Nov 2008, 18:14
Does anybody think Thomson Airways will recruit for the S09 season? I know immediately after the TCX/MYT merger, Thomas Cook recruited, but it's getting quite late now into the winter, so I'm not holding much hope.

McC
10th Nov 2008, 11:40
Sorry,

we are looking to reduce numbers so i doubt it.

Pete

kc16
29th Nov 2008, 10:30
hi there

is that for all bases or will some be taking on for the s09 season?

thanks

oldbalboy
29th Nov 2008, 10:49
at this time no recruitment and no training courses planned although the training dept are expecting some may be laid on late spring, but keep watching the website as extablishment figures havn't been finalised yet!! none of our temps have been told if or when they will be coming back and as capacity is being cut by 15% for summer 09 if we do recruit the numbers will be quite small, if i hear anything i will post on here for you.

kc16
29th Nov 2008, 10:58
that would be fab :O thank you so much, they are such a good airline and i worked under the tui umbrella before overseas and would love the chance to fly, i am working at the airport doing check in at the moment part time in hope i hear something and of course it will be easier second time round to get my pass as already a pass holder, any news would be much appreciated, thanks again :D

kc16
29th Dec 2008, 09:57
hi guys and girls, does anyone have any new info about thomson at stn as i am getting a bit worried that they are not taking on for the summer although i have heard there will be two 737's based there from may09, does that increase the chances of them taking on?

finding_nema
29th Dec 2008, 12:02
Hi kc,

I'm not sure if Thomson will be recruiting for STN this summer, but Thomas Cook are just finishing our recruitment for that base at the moment.

Just to let everyone know, Thomson are recruiting for DUB/BFS on the First Choice website, but not on the Thomson Airways one.

kc16
29th Dec 2008, 12:48
Thank you, will have to wait a bit longer i guess, its just driving me mad waiting, i hope the new year brings some good news and then it will be an assessment day if i am lucky! any more info is welcomed thanks again :)

michaelflynn61
10th Jan 2009, 14:56
Unfortunately as far as I know Thomson Airways are only recruiting for Dublin and Belfast for the coming summer as most of the other bases are overcrewed due to the merger!!

EXS258
19th Jan 2009, 21:26
Hi guys,

i have a assesment for Thomson Feb 5 in Belfast and wondering if anybody has any tips for me for example what i can prepare beforehand ect...
thnaks guys

EXS258:ok:

Xpert
22nd Jan 2009, 19:33
Hi,

Best thing to remember is be yourself. If you are fake the interviewers will spot it. Expect a intro about the company, followed by a test which included simple maths. How much change to give out of £5 is somebody bought 2 tubs of pringles @ £1.20 each. if u get past this, then there is the group work. to see how u get on in a team. let others talk, try and give input, but dont take over!. its a fine balance. if u get thru this bit, then theres the 1 2 1 interview (or it could be 2 on 1). if u get this far then u have done well. this is prob the easiest part. and remember, the main role a cabin crew member has on an aircraft is PASSENGER SAFTEY. everything else is a bonus, but safety is the word they are looking for.

good luck

EXS258
23rd Jan 2009, 16:39
thanks very much that helped a lot! it was nothing like that at ryanair......jesus it sounds like its gonna be tought ot get through!

thanks a lot
:ok:

Ten West
25th Jan 2009, 17:14
Remember to tell them that your aim is to make passengers feel "Special" ;)

"Special" is the latest buzzword around here. You'll have the HR types swooning over you. :ok:

rog747
25th Jan 2009, 17:20
my i respectfully point out that spelling is perhaps something to be addressed here also LOL

EXS258
26th Jan 2009, 11:29
Thanks for you help everyone.Taken everything everyone has said and will be keeping them in mind next week, especially the comment on learning how to spell properly:ok:
Thanks Guys
EXS258!

kc16
9th Feb 2009, 07:17
Hi everyone,

I am hoping someone has some new info about stn and summer09 as the start is only a few months are! will they be taking on any crew? I know previously its been unlikely but was just asking incase, I really dont want to miss it!!

Many thanks:)

CrawleyLad
9th Feb 2009, 09:39
Hey

As said before the airline is not looking to take new crew on this summer as we are looking to cut back as over crewd throwout
Alot of crew stil dont know when they will be coming back for the summer, myself being one of them!

The STN crew who worked over the winter were also flying out of LGW to try and give them some flights as the base was so quiet so most of the time they have had no flights so they do have the crew for the summer coming up

Have you not looked into applying to any other airline as by the looks of it, there wil be nothin until 2010!!!

JulesRom
10th Jul 2009, 09:03
25 Cabin, 11 Flight Deck.

___

Great news about the Palmair operation this winter! About time we saw the return of MIR and FINALLY a FUE! :ok:

vodkaholic
12th Aug 2009, 17:40
Thomson Airways didn't recruit for summer 2009 (except for Dublin and Belfast bases) but there has been no word as yet, whether the airline will recruit for summer 2010. If they do, then they take on new crew on a 6 months (approx) temporary contract for the summer season. If you want any more info PM me :ok:
I believe those 2 airlines are the only ones with crew based in EXT.

pilotbob2120
16th Aug 2009, 15:22
If Thomson do recruit for summer 2010 when do they announce wich bases they will be recruiting for?

AirCrewBoi84
14th Oct 2009, 20:08
Hi guys, firstly I hope I have posted this in the correct section/way

I'm really interested in applying for Cabin Crew with Thomson Airways and was wondering if anyone on here can give me any kind of hope that they may recruit for summer 2010.

I know they didnt recruit last year due to the merger with FCA (first choice airways). Thomas Cook have already opened up 2010 recruitment so If Thomson Airways planned on recruiting wouldnt they be advertising also?

Any info would be great!

Thanks in advance
:ok:

lisalaw
7th Jan 2010, 13:35
Hi

I have got an assessment for thomson out of dsa on 14th jan and am a nervous wreck.
I have been out of work full time for 6 years while I had my kids but have done part time tutoring of english and french and about 10 years ago I worked for Thomson in London. I have stacks of Customer service experience though, and have always wanted to do it.

I have a rough idea what to expect at the assessment centre but very very nervous. Any advice greatly appreciated.

Lisa

busz
7th Jan 2010, 13:41
Hey Lisalaw,

All the best for your upcoming assessment. I am a pilot with thomson, and the big drive at the moment here is about making the passenger feel special. I guess if interviewed that would be a good angle, making sure the passenger is well looked after, and doing all the little things to make them feel like a valued customer.

I have to say however that the airline is not a very nice place to work at the moment. Morale is at an all time low and at DSA alone several FOs are being made redundant. I am not sure how aware of all this the CC are, but it is not a nice place to be our side of the cockpit door.

Notwithstanding that, good luck with the assessment. DSA is a good base with a close group of girls and guys.

Regards

Alex

lisalaw
7th Jan 2010, 14:27
Thanks Alex

I loved working for thomson in London though obviously it wasnt as cabin crew and the customer being special was a major drive even back then.

This ecomonic crisis is a nightmare with jobs thin on the ground and redundancies everywhere - very sorry to hear about the FO's at DSA.

Fingers crossed I make it through the first part of the assessment day, it must be a good 14 years since I took any kind of test.

best regs
Lisa

IceLolly
11th Jan 2010, 18:34
Hi,
I wondered if anyone might be able to help me. I've been invited for an assessment day with Thomson at DSA on 15th January and the information I've been sent says there will be a "product test". Does anyone know what sort of things we will be tested on? I'm doing lots of research but I want to make sure I'm looking at the right things!
Any help would be hugely appreciated.
Thanks.

lisalaw
13th Jan 2010, 14:29
Hi Ice Lolly,I am in on the 14th january
I dont really know what the product test will be but imagine it will mean a bit of corporate research, looking at routes out of doncaster and bit of history on the airline etc, cover as much as you can and you should be ok

good luck

jaylou777
16th Jan 2010, 13:49
Hello!
Anyone else going to assessment day in Cardiff on 20/01/10? Love to hear from you if you are....bit nervous!:ooh: