PDA

View Full Version : A320 Over North Manchester

matjr79
9th Aug 2009, 09:13
Saw a low flying A320 over north manchester area yesterday around 1500hrs. The unusual thing was the aircraft flying very low,slow (compared to regular traffic over that area) and the heading was the opposite direction to every other flight that day. So at EGCC yesterday was there any reports or problems with an A320?

Matjr79

Skipness One Echo
9th Aug 2009, 22:53
matjr79, I don't know myself but seeing as there was nothing in the press I imagine it wasn't serious. There are numerous reasons why an aircraft may be in an unusual place going an unusual way, as it were.....

Needing to burn off extra fuel after a missed approach is one possibility, though not an expert on whether an A320 would need to do this.
Extended spacing with conflicting traffic perhaps,

Either way don't be disheartened, I'm sure someone will know. Just ignore the other two, the darker side of annonymous internet posting alas.

Bealzebub
9th Aug 2009, 23:00
Needing to burn off extra fuel after a missed approach is one possibility, though not an expert on whether an A320 would need to do this.

I am at a complete loss to understand why you think that after a missed approach an aircraft (any aircraft) would need to burn off extra fuel? :confused:

RingwaySam
9th Aug 2009, 23:44
Maybe just a go-around. Usually they turn north and climb to around 3,500ft after going around on 23R so could be that?

smudgethecat
10th Aug 2009, 11:18
No mystery about it bealzebub, he clearly hasnt a clue what he is talking about.

ManofMan
1st Sep 2009, 08:56
Asked a bloke in the pub whos mate is the friend of a mate who knows someone that once walked past a control tower and he seems to recall that their was a TCX A320 that was supposed to close from the left but got a tinsy wincy bit to close to the previous aircraft and was taken through the center-line to nice circle to close from the right.

Now i think that is what he said but if any of the termanology is incorrect i apologize on behalf of all men in pubs