PDA

View Full Version : aviance and airlines

airbus02
9th Aug 2009, 07:01
I would like to be a passenger service agent while in college and want to work for air-klm or lufthansa but dont know if lufthansa use there own staff or aviance because i see aviance people and so do i have to apply through lufthansa if i want to work for them or aviance and can i say i want to be at the lufthansa counter also so i get any staff discount tickets and what airlines. can i also make an application if a job hasnt been advertised.

toolowtoofast
9th Aug 2009, 07:19
Ok. MmMm. Ah ha. Maybe. Who Knows? Probably. Possibly. Of Course you can. Attach this post.

Apple1234
9th Aug 2009, 09:01
I think you would be fast-tracked to aviance ops.

super737
9th Aug 2009, 12:29
Why would he be fast tracked to ops????? You need to apply to aviance and you don't tell them what bit you want to work for in regards to airlines. Your told where and when not I want to get discounts on LH flights so ill do them.

You don't even get discounts directly with airlines, only through touchdown.

Yeah you can apply to aviance but with the winter looming and alot of employees both full time and casual, it may be a bit of time before you hear anything.

airbus02
9th Aug 2009, 14:40
Right so are you saying i wont get any discounts with any airlines if working for aviance and thanks for replying in a serious way. Also what do you mean by fast tracked opps and do you get to do different airlines when working for aviance.

Ground1
9th Aug 2009, 15:43
If you work for Aviance or any other handling agent, they will tell you which section you will be working in. You cannot chose and will probably have to work with a variety of airlines that they handle. Also, as for discounts, these are very limited and rare and it may take at least 6 months - 1 year service before you can get anything, if at all. During the winter months, recruitment is almost non- existent, they usually pay some staff off at the end of October. I would apply anyway and see if they have positions.

airbus02
9th Aug 2009, 15:55
Thanks for the information i dont mind waiting for the discounts as long as i get them. So why do people work for handling companies then also if an airline uses a handling company could you tell them you want to be a passenger service agent for them. It would be easier if airlines hire there own people.

Capetonian
9th Aug 2009, 16:19
It would be easier if airlines hire there own people.

Easier for who? And it's 'THEIR own people'. I think before you try to find a job in any sphere you should improve your presentation, try to learn a little about how business works, and above all concentrate on what you can offer a potential employer rather than on the perks they may offer you.

I appreciate that you might be very young but it is never too early or too late to learn good habits.

airbus02
9th Aug 2009, 16:27
I mean with there own application forms and interview them not handling companies. If those were there own people they would have the airlines uniform on and not handling companies uniforms you would be working only for that airline maybe partner airlines as well but not a variety of airlines that are not part of that airline so thats whta i mean they should hire there own people.

super737
9th Aug 2009, 17:14
Airbus02, i replied in a serious manner. Ive been in this industry for a long time and seen alot of people, so here would be my tongue in cheek answer for you,

Yes of course, you walk up to the CEO of aviance and say "hey, Can I do LH tkt desk and get cheap flights?" and he will say "Sure do what you want!"

Then once you've left the room he will phone the LH CEO and say hey Airbus02 who doesn't understand how this business works want's a job.

LH Ceo replies sure you can be director of operations.

Also for the note, Apple said you would probably be fast tracked to ops, not me so don't give cheeky replies. My first reply was to the point and was truthful, this is cheeky.

airbus02
9th Aug 2009, 19:22
thanks sky sky for the information and super 737 i didnt say anything bad i said thanks for the information for telling me in a seriouse way not like giving me negative advice like the others im sorry if i meant anything bad or didnt understand what i said. Any more information would be nice.