PDA

View Full Version : Virgin Atlantic

Atishoo
7th Aug 2009, 22:53
Hi,

Im really sorry if i shouldnt have posted here for this question, i wasnt sure where to post !!

Were going to Vegas next May and were flying Virgin 747-400 i think. Im trying to pre book our seats and wondered where the best seats were for most leg room (tall couple). When i looked to book the seats , all the leg room seats were held back by the Company. Why do they do that? and can we change seats weve already reserved, at check in if were lucky enough to get a leg room seat?
many thanks

:rolleyes::)

easygalleyfm
9th Aug 2009, 11:54
Hi,
try Airline Seating Charts - Best Airplane Seats - SeatGuru (http://www.seatguru.com)

awesomepilot
10th Aug 2009, 05:22
well from my understanding the staff responsible for seat allocation have specifica instructions to reserve particular seat rows and positions for particularly suitable people. it so happens that the best leg room seats are actually right next to the escape exits (no seats in front). the staff are instructed to wait until they can see people who look willing and physically able ot help people out the emergency exit and even open the exit door in an emergency. if you arrive too early, the staff may put you elsewhere to hold on to the chance that a good candidate will arrive.

so don't feel bad. but yea, leg room is horrible on todays airlines.

apaddyinuk
11th Aug 2009, 02:22
I believe Virgin charge extra for legroom seats!

phineas
11th Aug 2009, 09:27
Read up on the FAA emergency procedure regulations and casually mention this as you check in. :)

simfly
11th Aug 2009, 09:38
Although it's a couple of years since I last travelled with VS, back then certain seats ie extra legroom etc were available via on-line check in 24 hours before the flight. I flew Gatwick to St Lucia on G-VROY, which was config 2 on seat guru. When checking in 24 hours before, the foremost economy seats between doors 1 & 2 became available also, so sat in seats 22A&B. This was brilliant as it was like a very small private cabin, a lot quieter, and refreshments / meals were served to us first. Although there was no more legroom, you could get your seats back without disturbing anyone else, and I'm sure they went back a bit further than the others..... The window seats beside the exits can be good, but the slides jut out infront of you, so if you stretch out you have to at a funny angle which can actually be uncomfortable. Basically, get online exactly 24 hours before and see what else is available, but I highly recommend 22 A-C!