PDA

View Full Version : Can people still do this?

atmroy
7th Aug 2009, 07:23
Hello All,
My name is Roy Evans and I'm from St helens in Merseyside.
I love travelling with my family all over the caribbean.
I would love to be able to acompany a pilot on a trip that he may be doing on his own or wants some help or assistance.
I would love to travel to Australia and I was wondering if there are still pilots out there that would give me this option to travel with them or assist them in some way.

I really would like your views on whether to procede looking down these channels or just go and by a kite !!!!

Regards,

Roy Evans.

Pugilistic Animus
7th Aug 2009, 17:01
Do you mean jumpseat

if so, NO not in FAA/JAA land

if you mean on a part 91 [or equivalent] flight with a chartered airplane? well maybe you should try your question in the Latin American/ Caribbean board:)

PA

Jofm5
7th Aug 2009, 21:16
If you wish to go up in a light aircraft and experience that then you may wish to post something on this thread in the private flying forum:- http://www.pprune.org/private-flying/142667-spare-seats-available-15.html

There are normally a few people across the country hour building and the offer to pay half the costs e.g. fuel and a cup of tea may get you an interesting ride somewhere. But as pug says Jump seating / visits to the flight deck is not allowed on commercial aircraft since 9/11.