PDA

View Full Version : Big Trevor Gone?

VBA Engineer
6th Aug 2009, 05:27
Rumour has it that TJ was marched out of Toll Aviation today.

Anyone able to confirm or dispel?

an tragic
6th Aug 2009, 05:29
Not before time:ok:

catseye
6th Aug 2009, 07:26
What did he do this time........The usual yelling and screaming or something more drastice?

The Butcher's Dog
6th Aug 2009, 22:54
Read the article in the latest Air Safety, started the clock and I guess I can stop timing now!

Stationair8
7th Aug 2009, 06:53
Big fall from grace going from the golden boy at Qantas, to head of Ansett then going to Toll night freight. One wonders where he will pop up next and in what role?

CharlieLimaX-Ray
7th Aug 2009, 07:07
How the mighty have fallen.

Who gave him the flick the chief pilot or the board?

tipsy2
7th Aug 2009, 07:09
One wonders where he will pop up next

Perhaps he could join his mate at APNG:E

puff
7th Aug 2009, 11:12
I see Mr Toomeys move to APNG seemed to be very quiet - he isn't even on their website yet. Interesting choice thats for sure - I always thought being at the helm of a massive company that collapsed would be hard to gloss up on the resume !

Dog One
7th Aug 2009, 22:28
Did BP give him the flick?

Wizofoz
8th Aug 2009, 03:02
Toomey did his best in the short rime he was at AN, but there wasn't much he COULD do by then. If the VB sale had gone ahead, SQ was going to buy the lot, but if it hadn't done so by the time 9/11 came about, who knows if it would have gone through.

He didn't get much of a chance to show any great business skill, but he was good at motivation and staff relations even in the short time he was there.

TJ, on the other hand.....what an (insert expletive refering to the human rectum here)

Wod
8th Aug 2009, 08:16
Wizofoz - agree about Toomey. He was last man standing when the music stopped, and in popular myth forever associated with the AN collapse. Truth is he was brought in too late to attempt a salvage job. Probably has the skills; but didn't have the time.

TJ on the other hand...

Gnadenburg
8th Aug 2009, 08:24
The spat between TJ and Mick Toller was a disgrace. I don't know who hated Ansett more.

I'm sure they are happy with their actions, scant regard for livelihoods and sleep well at night.

Two pathetic egos....

triadic
8th Aug 2009, 10:44
Toll, naturally has a very strong truck culture and their corporate understanding of aviation and aeroplanes seems mainly associated with moving packages! In fairness, tj was fighting that culture the whole time and it is not that surprising they parted ways. They will be hard pressed to get a new CEO that is able to satisfy the truck culture and successfully operate the flying and maintenance business. Good luck to those that are still there.

hoss
8th Aug 2009, 11:39
Aerospace Aviation at Bankstown would seem an obvious career move.

Dangly Bits
8th Aug 2009, 17:17
I heard that the big fella was sick and tired of the Board trying to run it like a trucking company. "No you don't need to change the tyres when there is no tread. They will be ok." "Can't you stretch the 100hrly checks to 200hrs." Run the pilot's on the same duty time as the truck drivers. They will be ok."

I'd walk too.

Joker 10
8th Aug 2009, 22:58
The spat between TJ and Mick Toller was a disgrace

I would put it a different way, the spat between Mick Toller and the Industry was a disgrace.

Captain Dart
8th Aug 2009, 23:09
...and the current head of CASA is also ex-Cathay...:rolleyes:

longjohn
8th Aug 2009, 23:13
So all jibes aside, it would appear that TJ walked in protest?

I have heard some disturbing scuttlebut about this operation along the lines of what has been suggested, this would seem to give it some legs.

Lester Burnham
9th Aug 2009, 02:08
Leopards don't change their spots. Toll have been monstering operators to break the rules for 20+ years with many scalps under their belt from the 1990s. Why would anyone think they have changed now that they are running their own show?

Much Ado
9th Aug 2009, 05:17
Big Trevs gone?

So is this thread...last thing Pprune needs is a letter from Toll's Lawyers.:ugh: