PDA

View Full Version : Aircrew Rations

Strobin Purple
6th Aug 2009, 02:31
Ladies/Gents

Have done a search but cannot find any link to Aircrew Rations regs apart from the usual Pprune thread degenerating into an aircrew/non slanging match from late 07 on. That depressed me so I gave up reading and I'm taking the direct route.

Can anyone provide me with the definitive JSP link that offers rations rates per hr auth'd and/or flown. Been a long time since I've done anything related to aircrew rations and that was Akrotiroi in the late 80s and we had a slightly different attitude to what constituted high energy rations then and had a bit of a deal with Chris Kebab in the Mess!!:}

Appreciate the help.

Regards

SP

Seldomfitforpurpose
6th Aug 2009, 04:12
In Flight at RAF Lyneham Ext 6353 should be able to give you the gen you need :ok:

Edited to say it used to be considered OK to use $10 to $20 as a meal "rate" when working out "in flight" entitlements but PM if you want more info :ok:

obnoxio f*ckwit
6th Aug 2009, 06:20
Just fill your pockets at the $2.99 all you can eat buffets? Not sure how well grits (even having eaten it I'm still not sure what they are/it is, and won't be eating it again, like lumpy wallpaper paste) or biscuits and gravy will travel that way though.

Regards

A civvy

Tankertrashnav
6th Aug 2009, 11:59
I remember doing Marham - Trapani - Marham once on two packets of Maltesers between 6 of us. Subdued whine of 4 Sapphires at cruising setting drowned out by stomach rumbles from all. On the other hand homeward bound from Offutt (HQ SAC) you would still be munching through a huge sack of calories overhead Goose :ok:.

Motleycallsign
6th Aug 2009, 17:02
Have a trawl through JSP 456

BEagle
6th Aug 2009, 18:04
I remember doing Wattisham - Brindisi ('Q'TR) - Akrotiri once on two cartons of frozen Ribena stuffed in the map box. Subdued whine of 2 Speys at cruising setting drowned out by stomach rumbles at the anticipation of a mega-kebabex and cold Keo on arrival.

Not saying that it was right though... See the JSP.

BEagle
7th Aug 2009, 18:50
My assumption was that the frozen Ribena would thaw out during the trip from Wattisham to Brindisi, so I'd have something nice and refeshing to drink when we landed - and one for my nav as well of course!

Bloody things were still almost rock hard. But a few minutes with a dinghy knife and we had some nice cold slush to suck.

Kebabex was a combined 56(F) Phantom and 5 Sqn Lightning do - it was epic!

Do I detect another AIDU-clone 'name almost the same' troll? If so, then it'll soon be good-bye......

....and lo, it came to pass!

Rossian
7th Aug 2009, 19:52
Does that mean I can now remove aidu from my ignore list? Safely?
The Ancient Mariner