PDA

View Full Version : ETS consultation

flyingfemme
5th Aug 2009, 16:26
Well, the responses have been analysed......
Consultation on including aviation in the EU ETS - Department of Energy and Climate Change (http://www.decc.gov.uk/en/content/cms/consultations/aviation_euets/aviation_euets.aspx)
Pathetic!
If you can't be arsed to tell 'em what you think then you deserve to be priced out of business.

Daifly
5th Aug 2009, 16:59
Before you tell us we're all pathetic, most of us responded through our trade association (BBGA); which seeing as that's what they're there to do, isn't that misguided an idea and actually carries more weight than one operator becoming the martyr for the cause.

Regardless of that and living totally within knowing what this Governments is like (try a meeting or two with the DfT, that'll make you realise why it's easier to just be resigned to your fate) - it will make f*ck all difference what we say as the text was ratified by European Parliament before it got put to consultation. The only thing we're likely to succeed in changing is the name!

mattman
5th Aug 2009, 20:10
:} Jeez , at least you guys know what is going on. I have contacted the ETS personally to find out how to get registered, as our Goverment Sparks still have not done anything.

This is there response:

Names deleted:

Dear -----------,

Thank you for your inquiry. The implementation of the aviation ETS Directive is a responsibility of Member States, and we do not possess detailed information of what procedures and timelines are established by each Member State.

To assure that you have sufficient time to develop your monitoring plan, we encourage you to initiate a contact with the Competent Authority responsible for the implementation of the aviation ETS scheme in Cyprus. We have not yet been informed by the Cypriot authorities who the Competent Authority is, so are unable to provide you with a contact point at this stage.

Kind regards,

Welcome to the nightmare:mad:

flyingfemme
5th Aug 2009, 20:38
The whole thing is a complete dog's breakfast. We know that.

There were 41 responses to the UK consultation - at least half of those were major airlines. Depending upon your representative bodies to reply on your behalf is no use at all; these people need to understand that they are way out of order. Hundreds of replies might have shown this. There are still people at my local airport who think that this is a voluntary procedure!

The costs and burdens imposed upon other industries for the ETS are pretty darn large - they are expecting a very small aviation emitter to comply with the same costs/burdens and procedures as a power station!

I don't know about you lot but I am preparing for the worst and we don't even produce qualifying emissions........that's not a sufficient excuse, according to Brussels :ugh: