PDA

View Full Version : v australia. Wots happening?

zube
5th Aug 2009, 06:40
Crikey has published unconfirmed tip that Mel- Lax has been put back to next year. What about the suck, er, I mean customers who have bought tickets on the direct services.

Probably send them via Syd, seeing its the centre of the known universe.

Ken Borough
5th Aug 2009, 08:49
...........'till Sunfish hears about this!

qantel
5th Aug 2009, 09:05
I read somewhere Cairns - Narita or one of the other 2 airports in Tokyo??? Also something about Sydney - Narita. My guess is if they did it would be syd-cns-nrt.

7378FE
5th Aug 2009, 09:19
A quick look at the pax numbers for MEL-LAX 15/09 (the inaugural) shows a total of 78 pax in all classes, not including those on freebies :hmm:

These 78 may get a detour via SYD / BNE.

Eastwest Loco
5th Aug 2009, 09:29
The MEL LAX sectors are still in the GDS systems and quoting. I just checked 06 OCT and it is still there.

The problem is that UA are cutting the guts out of fares on the pond.

As they are down to 3% commission they are being talked down substantially as they deserve.

The UA fares are popping in 3-5 hundred bucks cheaper than the new kids, so the do attract attention and sales.

QF and DL (not in that order) are the next 2 steps up.

It seems UA is the problem child of the Pacific for loads at the moment, but QF VA & DL seem to have the loads but possibly not the yield.

Interesting times.

Best all

EWL

ANstar
5th Aug 2009, 10:05
the drop in MEL-LAX has been rumoured but if it were true I would have expected them to have announced another new route for aircraft #4 which arrives next week.

Skybus_319
5th Aug 2009, 12:16
Dont forget rerouting pax via SYD might pose problems, the MEL-LAX service is a 11am departure, so a morning arrival into lax, whilst the Sydney service is a 9pm flight. Not good if you have onward connections on the same day.

somewhereat1l
5th Aug 2009, 12:40
Skybus you might find the VA1 SYD-LAX retimed to an earlier departure ;)