PDA

View Full Version : How to use ZEDFARES ?

John Citizen
4th Aug 2009, 04:48
How do you use zedfares ?

My airline has given me a login to both the zedfares (gozed.com) and flyzed (flyzed.com) websites but not much instruction on how to use it.

I noticed Flyzed enables me to list my name but where and how do I pay for a flight ?

How do you make changes ?

How do you get a refund ?

Do you use both sites in conjunction with each other ?

Are Zedfares any good ? (I want to use in Europe)

Thanks.

northbynorthwest
4th Aug 2009, 06:01
John,

Basically, the zed-fare website is not very user friendly, nor is it up to date or accurate. So, I recommend you go through your airline staff travel bureau to book your zed-fares. My airline will work out the cost including taxes, print the paper ticket on their ticket stock, and will accept a credit card for payment.

What they do not do is list you on the carriers - it is up to you to list. The zed-fare website will give you some information on this, as different carriers require you to list in different ways. Typically, you will have to call their reservations number to list yourself - some carriers show specific phone-numbers in the zed-fare website (example, Thai Airways). When you call to list, you need to get a PNR locator number - usually an alphanumeric code, which you may need to quote when you check in for your flight or if there are problems.

From my experience, I strongly recommend that you purchase zed-fare tickets for several carriers in case the flight you want to travel on is full. For example, if travelling from London to Athens, buy a zed-fare ticket on British Airways, but also buy one for KLM or Air France, or whoever else will get you there. The tickets are airline specific and as far as I am aware, they are not transferable to another carrier - so if British Airways flights are all full, you can get out of town via KLM for example. Buying these tickets in advance will save you lots of time and inconvenience.

Refunds - for me, all unused tickets are fully refundable through my airline and are handled the same way as any passenger refunds. If you use a ticket partially - one way for example, I do not think it is refundable. So, when I travel, I will have two or three zed-fare tickets with me - and will then apply for a refund on the unused tickets as soon as I get home.

Are zed-fares good value? Yes, I think they really are - they have all the taxes and fees already factored in, and are typically far cheaper than most deeply discounted fares. You can of course often get very cheap fares via Easyjet and other low cost carriers - but you do not get the flexibility that we enjoy as airline employees. However, these tickets are confirmed. So you need to compare the costs and the pros and cons of both zed-fares and the low-cost carriers.

I hpoe this helps, and hopefully others can give their insights too.

John Citizen
4th Aug 2009, 13:49
How do I purchase zed fares online ?

The ZED Travel - Discount airline tickets and Interline discount travel (http://www.gozed.com) website only allows me to get a quote.

The www.flyzed.com website only allows me to list for a flight

Where do I purchase the actual ticket ?

Where can I collect this ticket from ?

CarltonBrowne the FO
4th Aug 2009, 18:57
John, if you work for an airline, purchase the ticket from your own airline's staff travel department and collect it from your ticket desk. That's how it works for me anyway!