PDA

View Full Version : MAN-EWR-MAN - Continental

Veludo
3rd Aug 2009, 17:57
Hi

Wonder if anyone can answer a quick question for me.

I been looking at Flight Aware for flights CO21 - MAN - EWR and also CO20 - EWR - MAN as I am making this journey shortly.

The MAN - EWR flight duration is averaging out at about 7 hours, but coming east, EWR to MAN the flight duration is running between 3h 40m and 4h.

I understand that its quicker flying east but this seems a massive difference. Has anyone flown this route and can confirm?

Thanks

renfrew
3rd Aug 2009, 18:22
The Continental site says the schedule is 7h50m out and 7h back.
If you get away on time I would have thought that actual times would be a bit less but eastbound is always going to be over around 6 hours at best.

RingwaySam
3rd Aug 2009, 18:30
Flightaware only tracks halfway over the Atlantic, hence the 3-4 hours. Coming back is usually 6-7 hours depending on the winds.

Veludo
3rd Aug 2009, 18:42
Thanks for your replies - I thought it was too good to be true:{

MUFC_fan
3rd Aug 2009, 23:02
Say EWR-MAN is 3500m - a four hour flight would give an average speed of 875mph - I don't think a 757 can reach that speed - even with it's oversized engines!:ok::}

TSR2
4th Aug 2009, 09:53
15 years ago I came back on a Continental DC10 in 5hours 50mins flying time.

raffele
4th Aug 2009, 11:10
If you get a decent tail wind you'll do it in no time - couple years ago I was on a very delayed flight from Dulles to Heathrow. We had a whopper of a tail wind and we did the 7 hour flight in just over 5, landing early!

Because Flightaware and other US flight tracking sites only operate within the boundaries of US airspace, be wary of the information they present on international flights. Quite often its wrong.