PDA

View Full Version : ANA carrier ANK canceled all contracts?

GoForIt
3rd Aug 2009, 08:16
Any truth to the rumor on PIREP dot ORG about ANA canceling all contracts?

http://www.**********/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10543

GoForIt

Mr Lover
4th Aug 2009, 11:53
Rumors or thruth...???

Any details from ANK drivers?.

If it is true, wish you all the best for the futur guys.

Mr Lover

GoForIt
5th Aug 2009, 08:31
I did a little research myself and discovered this rumor is COMPLETELY false.

Mr Lover
5th Aug 2009, 13:21
Thanks goforit...

glad to hear that.

see u

Mr Lover

expatpilot4life
5th Aug 2009, 14:15
Why would someone start a rumor like this???

411A
5th Aug 2009, 21:27
Why would someone start a rumor like this???

Because...ANA's cargo lift is down 47% last quarter.:}

The Dominican
5th Aug 2009, 21:45
Cargo numbers have gone dramatically down for everyone that hauls cargo across the pacific and not just ANA, this company has a great outlook due to it's "cash at hand" to emerge from this economic downturn as the leading airline in Asia and we are seeing very good loads in both cargo and passengers lately and the guys at AJV are also seeing good loads.

As far as this particular rumor, I've asked around the clubhouse and it appears to be false :=

gtseraf
5th Aug 2009, 23:44
AJX is still hiring, plans are still for an intake in September.

Apparently the ANK thing only happens NEXT year, so probably a falsish rumour

oldhasbeen
6th Aug 2009, 22:54
Godly Fart, I think you'll find that the 777 is only taking over the HNL route for a couple of weeks over Christmas. It probably has more to do with the fact that, with the 767 starting BKK later this year and the "slow" rate of JCAB checking, the 767 will not be able to cover the normal charter flights over that period. What this has to do with ANK has got me buggered, but their yu go:ooh:

Storpikk
7th Aug 2009, 01:48
Gentlemen.

The important fact for everyone to remember here is that ANA group is not doing well. I am sure the unions are pressing to get the Gaijin crew members off the property as ANA groups wants more pay conssesions from it's union members.

Its easy to fall in to the trap and feel comfortable, as I know many of the Jalways pilots where. The fact is the cancellation of this master contract now have started a trend amongst Japanese airlines and the first one to go will be the hired help.

Personally I would not be either shocked or amazed to see more cancellations of master contracts.

meguro
7th Aug 2009, 02:20
Storpikk; I found your post a little curious and quite negative considering the environment we are working in. I then read your previous posts in other forums, ( a function that I have never used until now).
I think that the negative spin you're throwing almost everywhere speaks volumes.
I know what your response is going to be, "you're going to lose you job, you'll be out on street blah blah blah"
I don't know too many ANA union guys that want to fly a BCF with 50K hours in the middle of the night into China with the screens failing intermittantly.
You may have got your 'Master' contract cancelled? Try reset:cool:

Good luck to all.

crj705
7th Aug 2009, 02:30
I think it is more important to look at the overall picture rather than to just assume that ANA and JAL are the same. In reality, they are not.

Truth is, no one is doing well in the current environment. However, ANA is in a much better position than JAL ever was. There was a serious issue with the unions at JAL with the foreigners going on to the -400 and while I know none of the ANA guys want us here, there is no such rift at ANA. In addition, the classic fleet was going away which was where most of the gaijin were employed.

ANA flies about 80% domestic and 20% international. ANA seems to only fly places that makes economic sense to fly. Look at HNL for example. A historically low yield market where ANA flies 1 767 per day and JAL flies a bazillion 747s.

I have been told that ANA currently has approximately 100 retirements per year, with a current average intake of 30 -50 new pilots. Given ANA's planned expansion at NRT and HND the numbers seem to show that they will need even more of us than they have now. While anything can change, this company seems to understand that the economy will get better some day and wants to position itself to be ready when it does.

Did I miss other gaijin contracts being cancelled? I am aware of the JALways guys but have there been any other ones? I fail to see how one cancellation makes a trend. Please correct me if I am wrong.

I think you might see hiring slowed at AJX later in the year but I believe that will be only due to the 787 delay, not the doom and gloom posted on here. But I don't think neither I nor anyone else here lives in some kind of fairy tale false sense of security. We all know we are contract and the first to go. However, the situation now does not seem to indicate we are even close to that point now.