PDA

View Full Version : How to Turn Off a Mobile Phone - Lesson 1

ORAC
3rd Aug 2009, 07:45
General Sir Mike Jackson loses battle with his mobile on live television (http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2009/aug/03/general-sir-mike-jackson-mobile-phone) :}:}

Chugalug2
3rd Aug 2009, 08:15
At least he was on TV, ORAC, trying to win public support for the troops! Has Torpy finally crept away yet? Will he sign on at the labour, or go straight to his sinecure job at BAE? The RAF has had some pretty useless CAS's in its time, but he must be at least in the running as the most ineffective ever. I'd rather have a gruff old beast like Jackson, who seemed to view his mobile as he would have done a primed grenade and disposed of it in the same way, than "a pilot's pilot" who has been a disaster for the SH and AT guys!

racedo
3rd Aug 2009, 11:14
You could almost sense a John Cleese moment coming on where he jumped up and down and stamped on it.

He did the right thing.

Roger Sofarover
3rd Aug 2009, 11:20
Love it :} Good on him.

Adam Nams
3rd Aug 2009, 13:36
1TLsHQo19m0

BBC NEWS Link (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/8181215.stm)

gravity victim
3rd Aug 2009, 14:33
He should compete with our Prime minister in the Nokia-chucking Olympics.:)

WPH
4th Aug 2009, 03:37
The full version on youtube is the funniest thing I've seen in a long time! :D

Moose Loadie
4th Aug 2009, 14:59
I had the pleasure of giving Sir Mike the tour of our first C-17 on the day we arrived in the UK. He was very attentive and interested in the new capability available to him, even asking when we would be able to use it to drop troops. Completely different to the way Geoff Hoon conducted himself. Whilst explaining the capability to him he just ignored me, too busy trying to hobnob with the senior officers. Obviously a Sgt was below the level he wished to communicate with.

There are very few senior officers who are more concerned about the troops than their own career but Sir Mike certainly seemed to be one of them. :D