PDA

View Full Version : Go Around at OMDB Today...

Desert Dawg
1st Aug 2009, 15:39
I was outside my house late this afternoon (watching aircraft on final for 30L) when I heard an a/c go full power over Mirdiff... By the time I looked up from watching my daughter, I could not discern the a/c type or carrier, and saw it retract the gear and do a fly past of OMDB

Anyone have more info?

Wizofoz
2nd Aug 2009, 00:06
Yes- An aircraft went around.

Next?

Fubaar
2nd Aug 2009, 04:26
Earth shattering stuff. I'll call Gulf News and have them stop the presses. This'll be front page, top of the fold material.

Sonny Hammond
2nd Aug 2009, 05:20
This is fairly common in Dubai.
It is a relatively busy airport and sometimes the spacing can close up to the minimum and it results in either ATC or the pilots deciding to go-around.
If its done above 1000' it really isn't a big deal.

Just a waste of fuel and time.

Desert Dawg
2nd Aug 2009, 05:52
@ Wiz & Fubar,

No need to get all sarcastic... I was merely asking for more info.

I was not sensationalizing the fact that and a/c went around... I know this is a very common occurrence - I am not stupid. :*

I was merely interested to find out why it happened - not to make a big issue of the event.

@ Sonny

Thanks for answering my question in a friendly manner. It is appreciated.:ok:

(EGGW)

Feel free to delete this crap if you want. I am not here to sensationalize. I am merely asking POLITELY if anyone had info on this. :ugh:

Gulfstreamaviator
2nd Aug 2009, 06:43
As well as perhaps a change of runway, a late clearer from possible single runway ops, perhaps a possible incursion. Or just a pre ramadan practice.

It would never be from an unstable approach. NEVER.

As a user of the airport, I am constantly surprised that I have NEVER made a miss, but I am certain I have caused at least one.

It did make the page 3 of the National.

glf

shame I love sarcasm, what a waste

Desert Dawg
2nd Aug 2009, 06:50
@glf

Thanks mate :ok:

My car made it to the front page of Gulf News last week... so at least we have something in common! :p

Watchdog
2nd Aug 2009, 09:02
I found out why the said aircraft make the G/A. This was due to one of the pilots engaging TOGA mode on his/her applicable thrust lever. :rolleyes:

MATMAX
2nd Aug 2009, 09:28
Politeness : does it exist in this place of the world ?
For sure , but in one way only.
Sarcams : ... for sure , it is in the same frame of mind.
I know , useless reply , but so true .