PDA

View Full Version : Enough time at chicago O hare?????

ahaanz4u
1st Aug 2009, 06:17
I will be arriving to chicago O hare by BA flight frm Mumbai at 2.10pm and thereafter I have a connecting flight to Peoria by AA American Eagle at 4.45pm.
Will these 2.5 hrs be enough for me to catch the AA flight with my luggage check in as my port of entry in US is Chicago??? I am flying to Chicago O'hare for de first time.

Wannabe Flyer
1st Aug 2009, 07:07
Yes it is more than enough to do so. I have managed this connection in under an hour in the past.

ahaanz4u
1st Aug 2009, 08:26
thanx for de prompt reply. but the immigration thing n luggage check in will take quite some time. Could u guide me a little regarding that. i`l b very thankful

eastern wiseguy
1st Aug 2009, 08:56
If you are checked through your luggage will be taken from you as soon as you leave customs and immigration.There is an area for leaving luggage right outside the door. The guys are very efficient and you will find that the time will be sufficient.

Just don't dawdle .I have done it many times(doing it again on the 20th of this month again)

Good luck

Wannabe Flyer
1st Aug 2009, 08:57
Doubt it will take any more or less time than any major airport. Will probably take you more time walking to your gate. If I am not mistaken AA and BA are pretty close by so it should not be a problem. Do not hesitate to ask customer service there. Usually very helpful

Scumbag O'Riley
1st Aug 2009, 09:40
Immigration can be a complete nightmare there. Maybe one time in twenty it will take you over two hours to get through and that's with a visa waiver passport. It all depends and is unpredictable. I would expect AA to be reasonable if you missed your onward flight for reasons outside your control.