PDA

View Full Version : Very disappointed at NJ management

miss marple
31st Jul 2009, 19:31
I would appreciate it MOD's if you could leave this as a separate thread and not throw it in with the other NJ's stuff.

As someone who has only been in NetJet's for a few years, I find the recent happenings very sad.

I hate that people's lives have been affected and people are having to sacrifice their standard of living, but, as a realist, I understand to a point that we cannot blame the management for all the effects of the global economic slow down.

The thing that I find the hardest to accept is the way people are being 'thanked' for their sacrifices.

What sacrifices have the management made, I dont see any managers on job share or long term leave of absence, but in our internal publication they say they did not take any pay rises from 2008 to 2009, and that they would probably only be getting a percentage of their normal bonus.

Also, that if a manager comes up with a way to save money or jobs, he may still be in line for a bonus, wouldnt that be him just doing hid job?

Take a bow NetJets management, people have sacrifised 40% of their salary and your contribution is not taking a pay rise or only receiving a smaller percentage bonus than normal.

I feel very let down by a lack of genuine leadership, more like 'passing the buck' and asking the crews to make sacrifices to resolve a problem they had no hand in (I know management cannot be blamed for everything, but they must accept some responsibility for poor decisions) and yet they dont appear to be making any sacrifices.

No apology for getting things wrong. Even the bankers apologised!

Very, very disappointed.

A sad Miss Marple.

x