PDA

View Full Version : G-euna Ba A318

HeathrowAirport
29th Jul 2009, 10:28
Anything yet from Toulosue? Is G-EUNA built yet - I heard its delivering in a few weeks so surely its got its paint yet?

panda-k-bear
29th Jul 2009, 12:31
Hamburg, shurely?

Set to be delivered end Aug AFAIK.

p-k-b

frankdjs
19th Aug 2009, 18:26
Hi, just found the first picture of BA's new A318: Imageshack - pict0009b800 (http://img195.imageshack.us/i/pict0009b800.jpg/)

Look forward in seeing it pass over my flat on approach to City.

trident3A
20th Aug 2009, 08:46
Can't wait to see it at City too!

ManofMan
20th Aug 2009, 15:48
Cant wait to see them crew training at Woodford !!!

TURIN
20th Aug 2009, 23:03
Can't wait to see them refitted for SH on the MAN shuttle.:E

dubh12000
21st Aug 2009, 12:45
I see they went for the CFM power option.....anyone flying them with the PW6000?

DutchBird-757
21st Aug 2009, 15:00
It will be delivered to LGW on 31st of AUG IIRC. That's where it will be maintained as well due lack of space at LCY. If the route fails the aircraft will be converted to suit normal pax ops (overwing exits inside) and put on the mainline service from LGW. Training is at Manston.

bizchaser
23rd Aug 2009, 08:47
Hello

This was noted test flying at XFW on Fri 21/08 in full BA c/s with German test registration

BRgds

towser
23rd Aug 2009, 14:53
DB757 you sure the training is at Manston? I heard Manston couldn't do it because it would take too long to change the PAPI angle.

ManofMan
28th Aug 2009, 09:30
To add fuel to said fire the ILS calibrating B200 was buzzing woodford yesterday....getting ready for the A318 ??

HeathrowAirport
28th Aug 2009, 10:54
If the route fails the aircraft will be converted to suit normal pax ops (overwing exits inside) and put on the mainline service from LGW. Training is at Manston.

How would this happen If all flights are near enougth fully booked?

raffele
28th Aug 2009, 11:44
How would this happen If all flights are near enougth fully booked?

Perhaps looking a bit further ahead, say 12-18 months? The flights might be fully booked at present but there's no guarantee of this further down the line...

Gulf4uk
28th Aug 2009, 18:41
hi

Believed to be Delivered to GATWICK this evening (28TH) May already
have arrived

Tony

Tuckerr
29th Aug 2009, 18:45
I can confirm that it did land yesterday and is now parked outside a maintenance hangar where it will stay until 3rd of September.

Fosters
29th Aug 2009, 18:52
Training being carried out at Lyneham next week.

Fosters

Kerosene Kraut
1st Sep 2009, 15:05
Today BA took their first one. Steep approach capable. It will use the famous BA001 flight number. Note it's german interim flag on the tail.

picture: British Airways übernimmt erste A318 für Langstreckenflüge - FLUG REVUE (http://www.flugrevue.de/de/zivilluftfahrt/airlines-flugbetrieb/british-airways-uebernimmt-erste-a318-fuer-langstreckenfluege.13605.htm)

Paul2412
1st Sep 2009, 15:31
Can an A318 even reach NYC from London?

two green one prayer
1st Sep 2009, 15:36
We'll soon find out.

wiggy
1st Sep 2009, 15:36
Er yes, in BA's case Westbound via Shannon, Eastbound to London it's non-stop.

LGW Vulture
1st Sep 2009, 15:38
Please do your homework before asking such dumb questions! :ugh:

crewmeal
1st Sep 2009, 17:15
Any shots of the interior? or is it a secret?

Lord Bracken
1st Sep 2009, 21:17
Interior is 32 seats arranged 2-2, all forward facing, lie-flat. They are quite similar to the Thai Airways J seat (in design not colour) but they extend flat.

The shot below slipped into a Investor Day presentation and was hastily removed, but not before it spread onto the t'interweb:

http://www.flightglobal.com/assets/getAsset.aspx?ItemID=27876

There is also a cellular data network (GPRS style) available so passengers will be able to use data services such as Blackberry and datacard modems, but no Wi-Fi and no voice calling.

crewmeal
2nd Sep 2009, 04:22
It looks very good, but it does remind me of my dentist's chair. It's the way the tray is laid out over the top of the seat.

Good luck to BA, they deserve a break. I hope the operation works out unlike Open Skies which seems to have gone very quiet at the moment.

CentreFix25
2nd Sep 2009, 06:32
Correct me if I'm wrong, but it looks to me that if the person in the aisle seat is in the lie-flat position the person at the window has to step over them to get out:confused:

phineas
2nd Sep 2009, 09:46
If I remember correctly on the standard Club World configuration for a 744, the adjacent seats face in opposite directions but you still have to step over somebody to get to the loo.

The flights will clear US Immigration at Shannon.

Has the route this flight will take been discussed?

For people in central London LCY isn't much more comvenient than LHR.

All this to avoid Terminal 5, it doesn't seem worth it.

Human Factor
2nd Sep 2009, 10:50

Depends how it's marketed. As you say, it isn't much more convenient although the will be an overall time saving of around an hour from the City to Manhattan.

However, if you market it as "non-stop from JFK to the City of London", you may get a different answer.;)

panda-k-bear
2nd Sep 2009, 13:18
Can an A318 even reach NYC from London?

Do airlines buy aeroplanes that won't do the missions they want then? :rolleyes:

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:Honest to God...

Oooh, I dunno. How long to LCY from The City or Canary Wharf? 20 mins on the DLR? How long to LHR? An hour? There's 40 mins saved. What about the guaranteed 15 minute check-in vs. LHR? Even with Express Lane at LHR for J-class, you have to allow an awful lot more time than that. I'd probably allow myself at least an hour. So now we're at almost an hour and a half. Taxi time at LHR from T5 and aircraft queuing vs. LHR? What, 15-30 minute saving? Clear Customs and Immigration in Shannon - 15-20 minute saving versus doing it in JFK with every other flight coming in at the same time?

How long's the tech. stop in SNN? 45 mins? So I reckon you save about an hour to 90 mins.

And you don't have to mix with hordes of the great unwashed at the airport.

And you don't have to hang around in an airport lounge at LHR (nice though BA's lounge is, where time is money it's best avoided).

No. This is a nice product for those business persons in the City who do still have an expense account.

Whether the financial crisis has killed the market, though - now that's the question!

p-k-b

phineas
2nd Sep 2009, 13:29
<pedant>
Yes they do, it can't reach JFK from LCY
</pedant>

panda-k-bear
2nd Sep 2009, 13:32
<pedant>
If the aircraft can't do the mission, then this service won't exist. Because it can't. The aircraft can't do the mission.
</pedant>

<pedant>
The mission is not LCY - NYC non-stop.
</pedant>

p-k-b

phineas
2nd Sep 2009, 13:54
Had a quick look on BA website, 45 mins in Shannon, journey time 9:45 there, 7:35 back, GBP 2282 inc. return.

You pays your money you takes your choice

AircraftOperations
2nd Sep 2009, 19:32
For a tech stop, don't just include the time taken on the ground. You also lose time (versus an aircraft which is already in the cruise) when you are descending and slowing for landing, and also climbing and accelerating to the cruise again. (Although things such as short taxi times at LCY may help to offset some of this).

David K-M
3rd Sep 2009, 14:46
Any shots of the interior? or is it a secret?

Yes, it's a secret. For now. Bribes to the usual address. :E

Tom the Tenor
3rd Sep 2009, 14:57
What is the diversion alternate from snn for the BA A318 operation? :suspect:

In spite of itself Cork may one day get a westbound North Atlantic diversion? :rolleyes:

Stretchwell
3rd Sep 2009, 16:37
G-EUNA crew training at RAF Lyneham today.......and tomorrow.
:D

Crosswind Limits
4th Sep 2009, 12:42
Pretty certain I saw a BA A318 over my house just now - twice actually! I live roughly under the departure flightpath on easterlies. Wonder if BA are undergoing training at LCY??

phineas
4th Sep 2009, 14:49
The runway at LCY is pretty tight, there are two bridges, including the Sir Steve Redgrave Bridge, close to the end of the runways, you would certainly notice a jet taking off and landing. LCY is pretty quiet at weekends perhaps something happening then

Crosswind Limits
4th Sep 2009, 16:17
I live ENE of LCY about 6-8 miles away!

Yes definitely something happpening saw it about 5-6 times at least .

Stretchwell
4th Sep 2009, 17:55
G-EUNA at LCY now.......

Whitehatter
4th Sep 2009, 17:59
This service is squarely aimed at the Canary Wharf type punter and will save a hell of a lot of time over using T5. JFK immigration twenty minutes? You havin' a larf there Guvnor? And the rest.

Time is money, as is a stress-free flight allowing the users of the service to spend the minimum time in the bottlenecks. That's the whole reasoning behind the service, you pay for the convenience and it repays that fare in productive time gained. The Business Class traveller from the City won't be bothering with trains and the like either so that sweaty, congested trip in a cab to Heathrow is also avoided.

Stretchwell
4th Sep 2009, 18:02
JFK immigration will be non-existent. The passengers will do all that at Shannon..........

HeathrowAirport
9th Sep 2009, 14:01
I saw it come back today
Is this route prooving?
BAW9153 (http://flightwise.com/s/tr/qt2.aspx?i=BAW9153) Owner: BRITISH AIRWAYS
Current Route:
KJFK./.VIXUN..LOGSU..NATY..4900N/05000W..5000N/04000W..5100N/03000W..5200N/02000W..LIMRI..DOLIP..EGLC
JFK (http://flightwise.com/pu/ai/ad.aspx?aptident=JFK) JOHN F KENNEDY INTL
NEW YORK, NY
EGLC (http://flightwise.com/pu/ai/ad.aspx?aptident=EGLC) (unknown/foreign airport)

LLON 001 116 TIMEOUT

Doors to Automatic
9th Sep 2009, 15:31
EGLC (unknown/foreign airport)

Was this generated by some American system? :cool:

HeathrowAirport
9th Sep 2009, 17:10
Yes so It didnt go KJFK?

HeathrowAirport
9th Sep 2009, 17:31
Also what are the base leg speeds for the A318 and speed restrictions once established?

160knts on base?

Once established 160 till 4?

SpringHeeledJack
16th Sep 2009, 17:59
I saw this beast coming in low just under the clouds on it's way into LCY this morning, around 10.15am. Because of the direction of landing it flew low over Victoria and Westminster and it's size was apparent in comparison to the normal 146's, Fokkers and Embraers that pass that way when the wind is coming from the east. It certainly made a few people look up from the street!

How's the preparations going ? Why was Lyneham chosen for training when there are so many other civil airfields that aren't so busy. I'm not saying that Lyneham is uncivil, btw. :)

SHJ

AircraftOperations
16th Sep 2009, 23:47
I believe that other airports were told to expect the odd training flight from the A318 during this week, although they have possibly been put on hold. This might have been requested some time ago.

trident3A
17th Sep 2009, 09:20
Does anyone know when it's in next?

WindSheer
17th Sep 2009, 10:43
Have long haul boeing pilots converted to this a/c, or will it be flown by the short-hall (now long haul) already TR'd airbus guys??

Capt.Doughnut
17th Sep 2009, 12:40
Why was Lyneham chosen for training when there are so many other civil airfields that aren't so busy

Lyneham was chosen because it has the facilities/equiptment to replicate the steeper approach path into London City (5.5 degrees instead of the standard)

Capt.D

raffele
17th Sep 2009, 14:50
Have long haul boeing pilots converted to this a/c, or will it be flown by the short-hall (now long haul) already TR'd airbus guys??

This has been answered somewhere else on pprune a while back but I can't find it...

If i remember rightly it's LGW A320 crew, the A318 being part of the baby in the A320 family.

DutchBird-757
17th Sep 2009, 15:10
The A318 won't be in today as it will stay in LGW. I expect it won't come in tomorrow as well as friday's are quite busy at LCY. So maybe she'll be back during the weekend.

BA is negotiating with Airbus about delivering the 2nd A318, G-EUNB, one day earlier than planned so we'll have 2x A318's at LCY at the start of the JFK service. (29 SEP) Sources indicate this this might not be possible though.

If it does go ahead it could be a nice promo with 2x A318's and 2x E170's at LCY. Who knows...

I've got plenty of interior shots but can't upload for obvious reasons. What I can say is that it looks indeed like the picture on page 2. A very spacious and bright interior. I'm personally not too fond of the style but it suits the needs. Ever passenger gets his 'own' MP4 player from the crew so eliminating the IFE problems. If it doesn't work, just replace it with a new MP4 player. Plenty of spares on board. Also no inflight moving map funtion. And web and mobile applications can only be used between SNN and JFK. And on the return between JFK and before reaching UK airspace.

Two pictures of G-EUNA at LCY:
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3507/3909847637_d9ef820948.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/15545136@N06/)

and;
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2563/3909848587_e89b93c8a3.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/15545136@N06/)

jetset lady
19th Sep 2009, 17:50
And web and mobile applications can only be used between SNN and JFK. And on the return between JFK and before reaching UK airspace.

Before UK airspace? As far as I am aware, it's US and Canadian airspace that's a problem, not the UK. :confused:

DutchBird-757
19th Sep 2009, 18:15
Well, this is what I've been told by a close source. Don't know any further details. I think it wasn't so much about who the problem was but more the way BA wanted to operate it. I.e. not on the short sector between LCY and SNN and regarding the return leg I was told 'before reaching UK airspace'. Don't shoot the messenger... But I can see this all changing.

jetset lady
19th Sep 2009, 18:57
Sorry DutchBird-757. I hadn't intended my post to come across in a negative way but as one of the crew that will be operating the service, I've not heard of this. However, as the trials progress, no doubt, minor adjustments will need to be made, so you may indeed be correct.

Jsl

847NAS
25th Sep 2009, 10:26
Am I right in saying the first flight is September 29th from LCY? if so does anyone happen to know the depart time, I live a bike ride away and would love to see how this bird gets out of there!

Any help is as always much appreciated.

Crosswind Limits
25th Sep 2009, 10:57
It's doing training again right now from LCY!

Malaysian28
25th Sep 2009, 11:03
I think the first scheduled flight is in morning on the 29th, some time between 07:25 and 10:00, not a 100% sure but i will have to check one the airline mags at home.

I believe theirs 2 flights at day, one in the morning and one in the evening.

HeathrowAirport
25th Sep 2009, 11:49
Its VAPP is about 122knts, just watched it come into city.:O

Whats the Callsign? I Its not showing it.

raffele
25th Sep 2009, 19:29
First scheduled flight is 29th September at 12.50. Only one flight a day to start off with - frequency will increase to 2 from October 13th, the second one leaving at 16.00

847NAS
25th Sep 2009, 20:12
Alot of a318 action today at LCY, coincidence as I was going for a bike ride down there as I often do for fitness. As I arrived at 12:00 I saw G-EUNA land and swiftly take off again, she did landing-go arounds 3 times I think before a full stop landing with full shutdown.

Her sista G-LCYD was sat at City (on the far left if looking from the rowing centre) the whole time I was there and it appeared from my standing point that the ground crew were going through some training as well as the fire team being shown around/ familiarised.

The sight of the A318 taking off and landing at city is a bizzare one, it stops/accelerates like an F1 car and the reverse engine roar is quite fantastic, it even made the business people on their lunch break look up from their blackberries!

The bird is beautiful to look at and dominates the airfield in terms of presence.

At about 15:00 G-Euna started up and departed once again, i stayed to watch one more land and go around before I left, I imagine she did a couple more before either landing or heading somewhere for maintenence. perhaps someone else can enlighten me.

So overall I was delighted of this happy coincidence and got to see many landings and takeoffs, as opposed to two a day when the service starts, lucky me.

One more thing, all day aircraft reg: G-FPLD was doing circuits (not landing) (it landed later on) I wondered what the hell it was doing? the circuits got higher and farther back from the airfield progressively?

Medway Control
25th Sep 2009, 20:30
probably the calibrator aircraft, not sure. but it was doing work today in and around the thames zone. well it was this morning/afternoon, when i was at work! calibrating runway 10 i think, if i remember correctly from my pre-briefing

HeathrowAirport
25th Sep 2009, 21:12
Will it be Circuiting tommorow?

saman
26th Sep 2009, 13:13
Please 847NAS, do not confuse BAWs first wonderful, hi-lux, trans-atlantic A318, G-EUNA, with some Embraer commuter jet thingy!
G-LCYD ain't no sista, Brov!

Saman

DutchBird-757
26th Sep 2009, 14:34
with some Embraer commuter jet thingy!

Haha, that made me laugh. A 'commuter thingy' that's now more sophisticated than the old skybus.

847NAS
26th Sep 2009, 17:33
It was definitely its sister haha! no embraer thingy-ma-jig, I must have read it wrong through my binos:ugh: whats the reg of no.2?

847NAS
26th Sep 2009, 17:38
I am wrong! I just did a search:}

What an idiot, they weren't too close together so I couldn't see the difference! some plane spotter I am!:rolleyes:

How often is the erj at city? i've never seen it before and how many pax does it hold and routes does it fly? range wise

847NAS
26th Sep 2009, 17:53
I see now the e 170 is looking like the replacement for the RJ's? city will look like a mini heathrow haha!

saman
27th Sep 2009, 15:03
OK, OK - the E-Jet commuter thingy, I accept, is a tad more sophisticated then a Scruggs Wonderjet - but cannot be compared in the same breath or on the same ramp or over the same TO-measuring microphone as the high-luxury, near silent, transatlantic-capable and generally wonderful A318.

Oh I do so hope I do not appear biased in any way!

Saman

847NAS
27th Sep 2009, 17:18
Of course not!

Well i'd just never seen it (the ERJ) there the many times I had been at city, still i was more intersted in EUNA (it was DEFINITELY EUNA:}) a good sight i'm glad i chose the right day!

Sorry for my sins Saman;)

HeathrowAirport
7th Oct 2009, 11:38
G-EUNB is at City now, NA has gone on holiday to Manston. :ok:

Whats the SECALs for both Registrations? Cant find them.

dontdoit
8th Oct 2009, 09:57
According to t'internet: G-EUNA = HP-CD; G-EUNB = HP-CE

jetset lady
8th Oct 2009, 12:20
Sorry...slight drift and probably should know this, but what are SECALS? The only thing I can think of is call signs! :confused:

Fargoo
8th Oct 2009, 12:26
I think he meant SELCAL

jetset lady
8th Oct 2009, 12:33
Ahh...thanks Fargoo. :ok:

HeathrowAirport
8th Oct 2009, 22:04
Huh Loool - SECALS, I meant SELCALS**

And apparently, GEUNA went tech on its second flight? With Engine Problems as BAW1 or 2, not sure but apparently was on BBC news website?

raffele
8th Oct 2009, 22:38
BBC didn't pick it up, but as there were a lot of journalists on board it did hit the web!

Engine sensor issue at LCY - approx 90 minute delay I think, while the part was brought up from Gatwick and was installed and tested. There's a mention of it somewhere in this blog (http://tinyurl.com/yzklm7n) (which was posted live)

HeathrowAirport
9th Oct 2009, 10:42
Wow - That Cabin Is Immense.

Ive heard the take-off is similar to that of Concorde (In terms of pushed into the back of your seat "However nothing compares to the Queen) YouTube - london city airport ba 001 airbus a318 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGCtnpXXFzI)

I wish I had £1000

Whens the cheapest available seat? Throughout next year? Becuase I get about £2k EMA per year + bonuses and Im thinking If I can find the cheapest date, fly out on BAW1 and come back into LHR on a T7 or something.

Fargoo
9th Oct 2009, 13:06
It's £1001 each way only if you use the service as a return. If you go one way it goes up to £3300!
I guess with so few seats it's too risky to let people fly out on it and back to LHR via 747 or 777.
Best get saving up :ok:

HZ123
9th Oct 2009, 17:38
Like Concorde onboard an A318, the only similarity is the fact both are aircraft? No aircraft on take off in the pasenger sector is anywhere like Concorde was. Perish the thought and a flight number makes no difference!

Skipness One Echo
10th Oct 2009, 13:10
Give the lad a break. He's 16 and wants to spend a grand he doesn't have to fly on an A318 pretending it's Concorde. Enough said I think....

I suspect that there may be a lot of flights booked JFK-LCY LHR-JFK regardless of cost. Incidentally the LGW-JFK service has already gone, before the end of the season as advertised.

Malaysian28
11th Oct 2009, 18:11
Cant Wait to See Her!
Heard her over the Radio many times, I even heard a controller call her Speedbird Concorde 2.

Shame I live about 20 miles from LCY.

saman
11th Oct 2009, 18:40
Skipness,

I understand your point about JFK-LCY LHR-JFK but, if I may say so, I'm convinced you're wrong!

The low hassle factor (15 min check-in time afore departure) of LCY and the complete removal of the immigration hassle factor at JFK (performed at Shannon with your fellow 31 - at most - other pax, are worth their weights in gold.

Last time I went to the US from T4 - yes I know T5 is now magic but more airlines fly the pond than BAW - but it took me 40 mins in Fastrack to get through security; last time I went through LCY there was no queue and two smiling sets of searchers and friskers were in attendance.

Arrive at JFK and just walk to the taxi rank - bliss, well until you get in the cab anyway!

It'll work.

Saman

Lord Bracken
12th Oct 2009, 13:19
Having flown on the service last week (last minute business meeting) it's truly exceptional.

Very sprightly on takeoff from LCY, so you get a good buzz.

There are some internal videos on YouTube knocking about - have a look on Airliners.net.

RJ100
12th Oct 2009, 14:55
The loads are starting to pick up on the LCY-JFK leg. Today it was in the 20's and bookings are looking better :) Still full coming back.

Doors to Automatic
12th Oct 2009, 18:27
24 seats out of 32 at £1000 one-way excluding all taxes surcharges etc should see it just about wash its face.

So if they are managing a higher yield it should do well.

Malaysian28
12th Oct 2009, 20:18
Here are some vids of Speedbird One.
These are not mine, just some from Youtube via Airliners.net.
Enjoy.

YouTube - Speedbird One The Movie [Part One of Three] (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8E-nR4uU3Q)

YouTube - Speedbird One The Movie [Part Two of Three] (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbqiV3Zs4Dc)

YouTube - Speedbird One The Movie [Part Three of Three] (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwcsPAlH3iQ)

WindSheer
12th Oct 2009, 21:22
That is incredible acceleration.....TOGA I guess??

Doors to Automatic
13th Oct 2009, 09:44
I would guess it is TOGA by the sounds of the engine.

Anyone know what brake setting they use on landing at LCY - I'm guessing Medium or are they allowed to use Max? Or do they use manual only for optimal control?

trident3A
13th Oct 2009, 13:07
Great videos, really gives one a feel for the flight.

A great innovation by BA :D

Groundloop
14th Oct 2009, 08:35
Most of the videos cover take-off and landing during which electronic devices should not be used!

raffele
14th Oct 2009, 09:10
Groundloop - you are correct, but this doesn't stop thousands of people each day from sneakily doing so!

Malaysian28
14th Oct 2009, 11:33
Are you regarding the Man using a Phone (Blackberry I think?) to take a photo out the window on Depature from LCY?

or the guy behind the camera?

Groundloop
14th Oct 2009, 11:56
Both, I suppose.

tubby linton
16th Oct 2009, 19:34
Avherald is reporting a BA 318 having multiple birdstrikes on departure from JFK
Incident: British Airways A318 at New York on Oct 14th 2009, multiple bird strikes (http://avherald.com/h?article=4215419b&opt=0)

Malaysian28
17th Oct 2009, 12:55
I saw the BA bird strike on Airliners.net, and she's gonna be kept in JFK for a while, is also believed that they may bring in the second rotation early (BA003/4)(G-EUNB).:O

jetset lady
19th Oct 2009, 11:35
Malaysian28,

The second rotation was already in force...just! It was actually NB that had the bird strike, however, both aircraft are now back in the air.

Malaysian28
19th Oct 2009, 14:49
Ok cool, never knew that.
Thanks Jetset Lady,
I might be able to see both BA A318's on my next visit to LCY.

jetset lady
19th Oct 2009, 15:32
No problem. The best time to see them both at LCY would be between 1030 and 1200-ish. But not at weekends.

HeathrowAirport
20th Nov 2009, 11:47
Hows the loads for this service? has it worked as planned?

RJ100
20th Nov 2009, 16:19
Loads LCY-JFK around 20-25
Loads JFK-LCY almost full most days.

There might be a few variations in that week on week.

RJ

HeathrowAirport
20th Nov 2009, 23:47
Thanks for that, so not doing too bad?

DILLIGAFF
21st Nov 2009, 10:12
The reason there are more pax JFK-LCY is that they are offering first class pax on JFK-LHR flights the chance to try the service for free, obviously hoping next time they will pay to use it.
D

HeathrowAirport
10th Feb 2010, 10:25
Does anybody know why both BAW1, BAW3 flights are cancelled today? I know the weather is possibly bad in the states, but have both a/c gone tech?

G-BPED
10th Feb 2010, 10:48
Does anybody know why both BAW1, BAW3 flights are cancelled today? I know the weather is possibly bad in the states, but have both a/c gone tech?

The first 4 flights of todays LHR-JFK's are also cancelled so, I expect its weather!!

British Airways - Latest News (http://www.britishairways.com/travel/flightops/public/en_gb?p_faqid=3950)

Regards,

G-BPED

Tom the Tenor
10th Feb 2010, 16:12
snn will be losing out on a few pax today, then.:(

baopsman
11th Feb 2010, 21:33
I can confirm it was the US weather that caused both LCY flights (and LHR) to be cancelled.