PDA

View Full Version : RAAF BFT Syllabus

ozpaddy
29th Jul 2009, 05:54
My colleague is going the pilot aircrew route with the RAN and has been told the BFT syllabus is a joint one with the RAAF at Tamworth. He has got all the FSP dates etc but can't find any info on the BFT syllabus or the course dates. Can anyone shed any light? We have scoured the net but can't find any specifics at all!

oldpinger
29th Jul 2009, 07:54
Suggest your colleague has a look at the RAAF Flight Screening thread on this forum. Lots of good info on a range of stuff.

Yes, the RAN/RAAF courses are combined, it's not a mystery, but knowing all about the syllabus probably not that important until he passes FSP?

Try his recruiter for general information.:ok:

LtDan
29th Jul 2009, 07:59
You could also try giving administration a call. From: http://www.dha.gov.au/relocation-pack/welcome_tamworth_screen.pdf

Page 6; right hand column.

I'd paste the number directly but not sure how PC that is on these forums.

Joker89
29th Jul 2009, 10:29
No Need in knowing when BFTS dates will be. Can take along time to get accepted after flight screening and then you need to do 4 to 5 months of initial officer training and then BFTS. When I went through it was 6 months from Flight Screening to next RAAF intake then 6 weeks inbetween OTS and BFTS then 6 months before 2FTS.

Navy follow same syllabus as RAAF till Wings at 2FTS. Don't think you are going to get a copy of the actual syllabus, worry about that when you need to.

Captain Sand Dune
30th Jul 2009, 01:02
I would be more interested in the FSP syllabus if it were me. Notice you weren’t too interested in the 2FTS syllabus. Interesting timing. Nothing to do with the recent request for tender for the basic flying training contract, is it?

ozpaddy
30th Jul 2009, 05:46
er......no. The reason he wants the dates and syllabus is that he is a bloody swot and is a grand master at P6!!!! Plus he has foolishly told his partner that he intends to marry her and wants to plan ahead. He is nothing if not a model boy scout!!

ozpaddy
30th Jul 2009, 05:48
The FPS syllabus and dates are easily viewable from the Defence web sites so he is all cribbed up on that..........or so he thinks! In fact, I don't know why he isn't doing all this research himself rather than using me as a gopher!!! Must be love...oops..don't tell his partner that!!

Captain Sand Dune
31st Jul 2009, 02:32
Plus he has foolishly told his partner that he intends to marry her and wants to plan ahead.
Hope his bride to be is very understanding. He may get a rude shock if he thinks his training will be manged to fit around his wedding plans. Recommend he plan to get married before his starts BFTS or after he completes an operational conversion. If she loves him, she'll understand.

cloudsurfer1989
31st Jul 2009, 08:25
I've been reading posts on here for a few months now. I've got a question for you all.

I'm a British Citizen and I'm looking to join the Austrialian Defence Force, RAAF or Army as Pilot. I want to join the Aus Defence Force as my Family is moving to Aus.

Does anybody know how I go about this??

i.e. Application, Citizenship etc

Regards,

Cloudsurfer

airborne_artist
31st Jul 2009, 09:47
Cloudsurfer - you have repetitive post syndrome - you asked this question here (http://www.pprune.org/military-aircrew/280990-oasc-candidates-wannabes-please-read-thread-first-172.html#post5089118), don't forget....

Frankly, until you are in Oz with Oz citizenship I think you are wasting your time, but the only people who can tell you are in the High Commission.

Joker89
2nd Aug 2009, 11:05
I got married on course and it wasn't all bad, Lots of punters at the bucks night!!

In all seriousness the BFTS information your after is available on DRN once you are in the ADF. Its important, in my opinion not to look to far ahead while on the road to wings, it will only scare you.

Inspector G.
3rd Aug 2009, 00:41
Cloudsurfer - You need to have an Australian Permenant Resident visa in order to apply for the ADF. To get this you either need to have close family who are Aus citizens or permanent residency visa holders themselves, or pass the skilled migration points test. You might get lucky if you were a refugee aswell..

I can't speak for the family route, but currently waiting in the skilled migration que for my visa so I can join the ADF I can tell you that it's a very long and expensive process, and in the end it only gets you to the first stage of recruitment! Be certain it's what you want to do.

For all the visa info you need check out www.immi.gov.au (http://www.immi.gov.au), best of luck

Cougar
6th Aug 2009, 05:08
Remember the classic RAAF adage, "Plan early, plan twice".

Whatever date he sets for his wedding, his course "will" put something on to mean that it will all have to be re-planned. The RAAF shows no loyalty when it comes to things such as weddings!

I have made 1/8 of my wife's birthdays in the last 8 years, 2/8 of my own (at home), 1/5 wedding anniversaries. :ugh:

Regardless of whether you put in leave, beg and plead from the boss etc, work will always over ride your plans.

I got sick of selling tickets for peanuts the day before concerts or sporting events after forking out big bucks for them in the first place (Chilli Peppers was my last attempt and I sold them for $20 each - ouch).

It's just a fact of life.

He should get married BEFORE he starts course - it is the only viable solution!! :ok:

ozpaddy
11th Aug 2009, 05:35
Thanks for all your replies and advice guys!!!